Chapter 21.

Louis’ POV

We were walking through the lobby when I heard a gasp.

I looked up and saw a girl in a hospital bed just staring at me. She obviously knew who I was. I gave her a small smile, stopped in front of her bed about 10 feet away, as I slipped on the jacket I had in my hands. I slowly lifted the hood up over my hair and down to try to cover my face.

I kept my eyes glued to her though.

She was very…interesting. She didn’t yell or scream she just looked curious and surprised that I was actually here in front of her.

Jake kept walking when I stopped. He turned around and gave me a strange look. I held up a finger as I fished around in my pockets to find my sunglasses. I was given some things when we were taken to the hospital like new clothes and stuff to keep our identity a secret.

“What are you doing?” Jake asked.

“I said give me a minute.” I say in a bit of an annoyed tone. Jake widened his eyes when I said this to him and I wasn’t surprised. I’m for the most part the person that brings everyone’s souls up to have fun. Now I was in a hospital and I was worried about a girl that I might love.

“Sorry. Do you want to walk around to find one or go to the cafeteria?” he asked.

“Let’s go out.” I say. My eyes eyed the girl and I did a small happy dance when I found the sunglasses. I looked at them. They were simple black and nothing like my Ray Bans. I slid them on still watching the girl.

She had light blond hair that was curly but not too curly like Harry’s and she had deep yet light brown colored eyes. I gave her a small smile as I walked by her bed.

Why was she in the lobby? Well this was the place where many patients passed to get to other parts of the hospitals. She could just be waiting for a doctor to come pick her up or maybe she’s waiting for family. Whatever the reason I just ignored it as I walked to Jake standing by the revolving door.

“Wait.” A small voice whispered. Was it for me? I could have sworn that the voice sounded…familiar? Maybe. I slowly turned around and searched the room for the voice.

As I scanned I saw people doing different things. A couple was sitting on a longer chair and they were smiling lovingly at her swollen belly. A lonely old lady sat tucked away on a chair not moving, her wrinkles were defined and her hair was up with her purse sitting on her lap not budging. I saw a little boy with an airplane running around the waiting area and he was being scolded by the blond lady sitting behind the desk in the center. I looked again at the girl in the hospital bed. Her eyes met mine and I felt like I was on fire.

I stared at her and came to realize that she was the one speaking to me. I looked behind me and all around to see if she was talking to me.

When I looked back at her I point to myself mouthing ‘me’. She smiles slightly and nods. I turn to Jake and see that he’s tapping his foot impatiently.

“Give me a minute.” I say to him. He nods and doesn’t say anything. I slowly walk over to the girl and never take my eyes off of her. I stand on the left side of her bed a foot away and ask her “Yeah?”

“I just wanted to ask you, why are you here?” she asked. She lets out a near silent cough.

“Um I’m here to watch two people.” I say not wanting to get into detail.

“Then why are you leaving?” she asks on.

“I’m going to get some coffee or tea to help me stay awake.” I say yawning for affect.