Chapter 10.

When we entered our little bordered home I saw the boy’s breath in a sigh of relief.

“Love where’d you go off to?” Louis asked coming towards me.

Harry left my side and went to lie down.

“Well I got lost and I kind of fell asleep along the way.”

“Couldn’t wait to go back to your dreams about me, eh?” Louis said winking.

“Oh please get over yourself Lou.” I said rolling my eyes. We sat around together.

I took out a banana and started eating it as well as the other boys who did it on their own banana.

We ate in silence.

“What is the plan for today lads?” Niall asked finishing off his banana.

“I don’t know maybe we should explore the island….oh wait!! Someone already did that and got lost.” Liam said laughing while I rolled my eyes.

“Hey in my defense it was at night and well the forest is confusing!”

“I thought you were jungle woman?” Zayn said smirking.

“Yeah but it doesn’t mean that I’m a dog and can sniff my way out. Have you been in there alone? No? I didn’t think so!” I said getting defensive.

“Getting defensive much Thief?” Zayn said getting up and throwing the peel in the ocean. I got up and did the same.

“Thief?” I asked turning my head to look up at him.

“Yes, you’ll find out why soon enough.” He winked at me leaving.

He left me flustered standing there.

“Boys lets go explore the island. Oh yeah! Last night I found a hill and we should take a look at it.” I said poking Harry and Niall’s belly.

Their faces stayed straight and serious.

“Please…” I said innocently putting on an act.

The two broke out into laughing fits.

“You should….have….seen….your…..face!” Harry said in between laughs.

“Whatever.” I said partially angry.

“Oh is little Avery mad?” Louis asked poking my ribs.

He knows my weak spots from tickling me yesterday.

Oh damn it.

I jumped away from his every time he poked me while I laughed a little.

He kept following me unfortunately. He got closer and closer to me so I said seriously “Wait what’s that?” I pointed past his left shoulder and pretended to be looking at something.

All five of the boys turned to look so I did the only thing possible.

I made a run for it.

I ran down the beach. The first person to turn back was Zayn. He ran after me. I burst out laughing when his right arm snaked around my waist, over my belly, and to the other side of my torso.

He held me tight and lifted me up and spun me around fast.

He spun me for a minute or two before putting me on the sand.

I lied back trying to calm my heart beat that grew not just because I was laughing and spinning, but because it was Zayn that had touched me.

I still had on that exposing shirt and loose pants on so when he and I touched my heart stopped for a few moments.

I looked up at Zayn. He was standing there smiling and his hands were on his hips thinking of something.

Louis joined his to his right while Harry joined his to his left.

I looked between their legs down the beach to see Niall and Liam cleaning up the small mess we made talking quietly.

I looked up at the boys. They were each grinning at me like they had a secret plan; like they’ve been planning this all along.

Louis took a step forward, then Harry, then Zayn.

I stood up not looking away from them.

“What are you guys doing?” I asked.

Every step they took I took one backwards.

“You’ll see Love.” Louis said grinning evilly.

“Liam?!? Niall?!!” I yelled to them not taking my eyes off the three in front of me.

“You’re on your own mate!” I rolled my eyes at Liam since he didn’t even look up at the scene.

The sun was high up now, probably noon?

It was extremely hot too and I wanted to go for a swim, but knew that id be caught there.

In one swift move I turned around and ran.

They followed hot on my tail.

“We’re coming for you!” Harry yelled.

“Don’t stop!” Zayn screamed playfully.

“Run Love run!” Louis finished.

I didn’t stop running.

I couldn’t.

I took a right and ran into the forest.

I heard footsteps still and I picked up the pace still breathing.

I could see low hanging branches in this area.

I zigzagged through the trees making sudden turns at the last moment. With my quick reflexes I jumped up, climbing some branches, and pulled myself on a tall high branch.

Gymnastics did do me good didn’t they?

I sat there hugging my knees to my chest. I pushed myself as close as I could get to the trunk so the boys wouldn’t see me.

I heard movement under me and I saw figures running past my branch and farther into the forest.

“She went this way.” Harry said.

“You sure mate?” Louis asked confused probably.

“No but it’s the best chance we’ve got.” Harry responded.

Goose bumps raided my skin when he said “chance”. It was just so adorable when he was confused but took charge.

Avery calm down god you can’t go a second without having something done to you can you?

It’s kind of obvious who gives me goose bumps.

Harry of course.

I didn’t hear any movement for awhile.

A leaf fell to my right.

Strange.

I stayed there awhile longer.

I didn’t hear anything else for the time being.

I thought of how to get down from here.

No branches were low enough to descend upon.

So the only options were to jump and probably break something….

Or stay here and wait for someone.

And no.

I’m not a damsel in distress.