Chapter 36.

Avery’s POV

For the past two days, Zayn and I have been held up at my old apartment.

These two days sped up so quickly that I didn’t want to let them go. I was probably the happiest I’ve been in a while when I was with him. He made me smile, laugh and he just made me feel loved.

I loved Zayn; it was that weird to think about.

From the countless pillow fights we endured to almost blowing up my small kitchen, I enjoyed every second of it. Two days, that’s just 48 hours, 2880 minutes, 178200 seconds. That’s how many days until I met my sister in law and her child. My brother’s child too.

Crazy, crazy, crazy.

“Hey Thief?”

I look up from the floor I sat on. Zayn and I had made a fort yesterday as we watched movies and ate the contents of my kitchen out. It was the best fort I’ve ever built because he was there, cheesy enough.

“Yo!” I call back.

“Yo?” He questions, popping his head back into the living room.

“Yeah, yo dawg wassup?” I pull a peace sign and pout. It takes Zayn just four seconds until he breaks out into chuckles.

“I think I just lost the love of my life to a new found gangster.” Zayn quips, regaining a serious composure.

My heart jumps at the phrase love of my life. I mean, doesn’t that sound so good coming out of his mouth. I, Avery Noah, the love of Zayn Malik’s life. It’s comical since he was the love of mine!

“Yep, that’s how we roll…?” I test out but I know it sounds so stupid coming from my mouth. Zayn, not being able to stay serious, cracks a grin.

“I guess I’ll just have to find a new girl to love forever.”

“I guess so Z.” I nod my head in agreement.

“Oh, and remind me something.” He says, sitting down to my left, our bodies pressed against each other.

“What?” I ask.

“Remind me to never bring you back to America, I don’t want you gaining their swag life style.” He kids, and I laugh. He was too adorable.

“Okay fine. I will your majesty.” I retort.

“I’m a king if you’re my queen.”

“Zayn.” I shake my head as I roll my eyes.

“What?” He whines.

“You’re so cute.” I say just to piss him off.

“Ew, don’t say that.” He pouts. “Being cute is bad.”

“But you are cute. So cute that I’d be glad to rule this world with you.”

“I didn’t know you were the dictator type. I’m kind of digging it.” He nods his head in agreement.

“Whatever.” I roll my eyes. My phone starts to go off and I experience whiplash as I snap my head towards the sound. It was coming from down the hall from my room. “Oh god.” I mutter, forcing myself to get up to get it.

It was probably Nad or Louis again. Those two have been calling like crazy. It was getting annoying when Zayn was trying to be romantic with me over a candle lit dinner of macaroni and cheese. Quite swoon worthy if you ask me.

I find my phone under the dozens of pillows scattered across the floor –I told you, we had an intense pillow fight. I dive for the phone and answer it.