Chapter 5.

I felt water on me.

Then I was being lifted.

I opened my eyes to see myself moving fast from the beach.

“What the hell!?” I yelled at Harry, the lifter in this case.

“It started to rain and you were sleeping so...” Harry answered putting me down.

It was raining. I stood up forgetting I couldn’t walk properly and then fell back down.

Okay I know I said before that my leg was broken but I maybe was wrong. It’s probably just sprained or badly bruised to the bone.

I looked around for my crutch and saw that it was far out in the sand in the rain.

“Can one of you get the crutch for me?” I said sweetly hoping that it would work.

Zayn stood up along with Louis and Harry. They gave each other weird looks before dashing into the pouring rain.

They laughed and they fought over the branch pulling and yanking it from one another’s grasp.

I started laughing when Harry got the stick and was about to start running when Louis grabbed his ankle and he fell face first into the sand.

Zayn tackled both of them and then did a tuck and role to get the branch.

Harry and Louis looked at each other, bolted up, and ran towards Zayn. Zayn had no idea what was coming towards him.

The two boys tackled Zayn and the stick went flying in the air.

“Oh for god’s sake!” Liam mumbled. He went and picked up the crutch and gave it to me.

“The boys love being dramatic eh?” I asked him.

“Oh you have no idea.” Niall said laughing a little.

A few minutes later the other three joined us. Sand covered them, and it was a funny sight to see.

Zayn had random patches of muddy sand on his soaked white t-shirt. Harry had sand covering his curly head which was indeed wet from the rain. And Louis, please don’t get me started. He had sand covering his entire back part of his body all the way down from his hair to his feet.

“Well aren’t you three a pretty sight.” I said poking them each in the belly.

At that second Niall’s stomach growled. We all looked at him. He was embarrassed, you could tell.

Just then Harry’s growled too, which made me laugh if I might say.

“I think we should find some food since we haven’t eaten in two days.” Liam suggested. The boys nodded.

We all went into the forest together to look for anything food worthy.

We started talking and asking random questions to each other. We had finally, and unfortunately, reached relationships now.

“What” Harry started “is the worst thing that’s happened in your love life?” the boys and I thought of a response then Louis spoke.

“I think it was when I was punched in the face by a fan.”

“How does that go into your love life?” Zayn asked.

“He was trying to hit Harry to tell him to stay away from me.” My jaw dropped and I burst out laughing. “What are you laughing at Love? What’s the worst thing that happened in your love life? Was it going out with that bloke that was coming towards us that morning?” Louis said getting defensive a bit.

“No nothing happened with him.” I said quietly not wanting to go on. I didn’t want to say it out loud. Not to them at least. I didn’t even tell my best friend let alone my family yet even if it did happen less than a year ago.

“Well then what?” Niall asked pushing on.

I looked up into one of the trees. I saw a bunch of things hanging up there.

“Look!!” I said dragging their attention away from me to the tree. They followed my gaze their mouths already watering.

“Who’s good at climbing?” Liam said.

“Not me!” Said Niall.

“I’ll do it.” Harry Said. He grabbed onto the bark of the tree and started climbing but he fell when he lost his footing around the trunk.

Zayn tried but he failed also falling right on his ass.

Finally it was Louis turn. “Watch this Love.” He said climbing up the tree. I’ll admit it he got higher than the others but not high enough since he fell harder than Harry and Zayn.

“Ow!!!” he yelled when he landed. I pushed through the boys and went to the tree. I dropped the crutch and felt the tree to know what it was like.

“Whoa you’re not climbing that! You’re going to get even more hurt.” Harry exclaimed.

“Dude don’t, I’m good at climbing. I used to climb cliffs when I was younger. I think I got this.”

“I’ll catch you if you fall then.” Zayn said winking at me.

I rolled my eyes at him sarcastically of course and started to climb. It was hard, don’t get me wrong. I went higher than Louis, and reached for the branch that was the thickest and had the most fruit. I reached out and lost my balance.

I had one hand on the branch while the rest of me dangled in mid-air. I was about 20-25 feet off the ground and above the boys.

I looked down and they looked worried and freaked out as hell!

Zayn had his arms open and he yelled “Drop! I got you!” I didn’t think twice, I dropped.

I let out a little shriek when I landed in his safe and secure arms. I was breathing heavily and I knew he could feel it.

He let me go and I stood on the solid ground.

“Nice catch Zayn.” I said smirking.

“Nice climb Tarzan.” He said also smirking.

“Oh please, I prefer Jungle Woman.” The boys chuckled nervously but stopped when I started climbing again.

“Not again Love!” Louis said to me. I liked the nickname he gave me. It was cute and I liked the way he said it, Love. I could get used to it.

“Hey I was closer than all of you put together so let me be okay?”

“But are you going to answer the question we asked? Louis answered, now it’s your turn.” My grip faltered when I remembered the question.

“Ave you okay?!?” Liam said nervously.

“Yeah I’m good. Let me answer at the top or you’ll distract me.”

“Fine if you say so.” I heard him say.

I made it to the branch and sat on it.

I took a deep breath….then another……..and another.

“Avery?” Harry said pushing on, wanting to know my answer.

A tear, fell out of my right eye the part of my face they couldn’t see. I hated crying so I never did it often. The last time I cried was when the ‘incident’ happened.

“Avery?” Niall said.

I turned to face them to let them see my teary eyes.

Their jaws dropped in astonishment.

Louis stepped forward slightly saying something surprisingly.

“What happened Love? Who do you want me to kill?”