Chapter 18.

Louis’ POV

We all stared at her in the white hospital bed.

The doctor had just left the room and we were introducing ourselves. It was my turn and I looked over at Zayn to see him facing the wall in his bed.

He did a great job saving them but I guess it wasn’t great enough. Wait what am I saying? If he didn’t attack back they would both be dead right now!

Zayn did a great job and I’m proud of him for it. The only problem I have with it is that he keeps giving Avery a funny look. His pupils dilate a bit and he is always confident and funny with her.

Maybe he has a thing for her?

No, he better not! I like Avery; she’s an amazing and talented person who makes me smile all the time. And that kiss we shared when we were playing chicken was amazing!! I felt tingles up my spine and I smiled wide after that for awhile.

Harry looked over at me and I shook all the thoughts from my head. Crazy me.

“I’m Louis. And that’s Zayn.” I said pointing over to his tired and bandaged hurt body. I saw his eye twitch open and then he looked over at me slightly but not moving his body. Then closed his eyes again.

“What happened to me?” Avery asked with a confused look on her perfect face.

“It’s kind of a long story.” I say rubbing the back of my head. It was a nervous thing I did.

“We have time.” She says smirking at me. She leans back to get comfy and puts her right foot over the left stretching out. I smirk back at her and pull a chair facing the back to her so I sit backwards in the chair.

“So where should we start lads?” I ask them. Liam and Harry pick up the short, small couch for three people and bring it over next to Avery’s right side so they are closer to her. They set it down and sit on it getting a bit comfier.

“Maybe we should wait for Niall to explain too. I mean don’t you guys feel a bit guilty that he’s in there all alone and-” I was cut off by the door opening and closing. I turn to see that Harry is the only one left on the couch. “Um…” I say confused.

“When you said Niall Liam had a bit of a panic attack and told me he wanted to check on him. He said he’d be back a bit later.” Harry responds. I nod in response and look back at Avery about to talk again but I’m cut off by someone coming in.

“Hello Avery, are you ready for your next dosage?” the nurse asks holding up a new bottle that looks like IV fluid but I can’t be sure.

“Um…yes?” she says raising one eyebrow. The nurse trots over there and does what she needs to do. Then she goes to a shelf and grabs a needle and walks back over to Avery. Her eyes widen and she flinches when the nurse flicks it two times.

“What are you doing?!” I yell jumping up form my seat. Harry looks at me with a rather confused look and I give him a pointed one back.

“I said I was giving her, her next dosage of medication right now.” She said with a confused look on her face. I relax a bit standing up before nodding and sitting back in the chair.

I cross my arms and rest them on the top of the back of the chair. I drop my head and look at the chair and put the top of my head against my arms.

Get a grip on yourself Louis! She might think you’re crazy and not even want to be near you! That would probably kill me.

Yes kill me.

“Um Louis?” I heard a familiar voice say. I looked up and saw Avery staring at me as the nurse was about to put the needle in her.