SL ㅡ 77

EWHA ANNIVERSARY

EWHA ANNIVERSARY

The most awaited day has come. After the busy days and overnights preparing the event, students put a smile on their face to celebrate the event together. All the hard work and time they sacrifice has put into good use.

Early in the morning, Ewha conducted a mass in Ewha Church that consumed an hour to end, followed by a parade around the main street before heading to the main stage which is the Welch-Ryang Auditorium, and followed by the opening ceremony by starting the Olympic torch relay and ends formally by the lighting of the Olympic cauldron.

The students couldn't hide their excitement as the Olympic cauldron is on the flame.

By departments, students fall in line in front of the main stage where the Board of directors of the university; from the Chairperson, President; Academic affairs Committee➝Office of the President, Office of the Chaplain, Office of Communications; Executive Vice President for Medical Affairs; Executive Vice President for External Affairs➝Office of Comptroller, Office of Education Innovation, Reserve Officers' Training Corps, will conduct a speech.

"Good morning, students!" Jieun greeted elegantly; wearing a beautiful dress. As the student council president, she will be the voice for today's event.

The students behave and greeted back with manners. As one of the biggest institutions, there are reporters filming behind the scene too.

Jieun proceeds on her speech about the event of the day and introduces the board of directors. "Let's all welcome, the father of Ehwa, Myoui Fumiya." The students and the key executives' applause.

"Good morning children." Mr Fumiya greeted with a smile and to be greeted back by the students.

Mr Fumiya is the pioneer of the university, although the new founder is his granddaughter; it will be officially announced after.

"Since its foundation in 1886 as 'Ewha Haktang', Korea's first modern educational institution for women, Ewha has been a pioneer of change for women in Korea. Thanks to the seeds of learning sown by Ewha, women in Korea have been able to affirm their identities as women and achieved their full potential as members of society despite facing discrimination, prejudice, and attempts to deny them basic rights." The students listens to each of his statement.

"As a pioneer in higher education for women in Korea, Ewha has produced female leaders in every field, at every level, while contributing to the academic and social development of Korean society. With the fourth industrial revolution looming over us like an enormous wave, Ewha now faces another turning point. A new, challenging environment is developing, which will lead to exponential changes in society, from the way we communicate to the way we live, which means education needs to focus on providing human resources for converging, cross-disciplinary fields."