SL ㅡ 28

The rain starts pouring

The rain starts pouring. The movie continuous playing. Yet, Mina and Chaeyoung stayed hugging each other.

Chaeyoung can't raise her head yet. Still feeling so shy to face Mina.

"Chaeyoung-ah..." Mina uttered, getting her attention.

"Hm?..." Chaeyoung hummed, still hugging Mina.

"Have you ever tried playing in the rain?" Mina asked curiously. Eyes outside the window, watching the raindrops.

"Hmmm... yes." She said softly. "When I was in 3rd grade together with Jeongin. Mom doesn't allow us because we will get sick but Grandma allow us playing under the rain. It was so fun because Grandma's yard was really wide."

"That must be really fun..." Her voice saddened, recalling her childhood.

"Why?" Chaeyoung pulls away. Finally, she can face Mina, looking right into her eyes. "You haven't tried it before?"

Mina nod. "I didn't... I don't have someone to play with."

Hearing that, Chaeyoung feels pity. Childhood is one of the most beautiful memories in your life because you worry about nothing. All you have to do is run around and play together with other kids.

"Whenever it rained, I just stand next to the window, watching the rain as it falls and touched the leaves and ground. I love watching the rain because I thought it was God's tears..." She let out a small chuckle, recalling her childhood belief. "The kid me thought, God's tears is beautiful because we shared the same feeling. Every time it rained, I thought he caught my pains and cried them instead of me crying."

Chaeyoung's heart melt. The kid Mina is so pure to hear that she wanted to hug her really really tight. The way she looks at Mina right now filled with regret. She wanted to comfort her although it was super late to do that.

Chaeyoung held Mina's hands. She rubs Mina's hand using her thumb. "When I a kid," She drops her eyes on their hands. "I thought, all kids in the world had fun just like me and the rest of the kids around me that I play with. But, knowing there is one kid who doesn't have anyone to play with..." She raises her head, eyes on Mina. "I regret meeting you this late. How I wish I meet you sooner and create a beautiful and memorable childhood with you."

Once again, Chaeyoung touched Mina's heart. Mina's childhood holds a huge pain in Mina's heart. Having a broken family and having no kids to play. She grew up having no trust for anyone. Each day, she only talks and plays with her mother. Although she's happy because her mother is always there beside her, something is lacking in her life and she feels that. But, she has to think differently from other kids. She has to be strong and brave to protect her mother.