SL ㅡ 01

The word happy is not enough to describe the feeling of being with your family

There are fortunate chances and there are unfortunate ones.

This time, Chaeyoung is fortunate. There is nothing she can ask for more. Her life is already perfect inside her family's embrace.

Weeks had passed since their vacation in Okinawa. A month more to spend before the autumn semester will start.

Mrs Son was already awake when Chaeyoung returned to Seoul.

The mother and daughter talked, exchanging apology.

Chaeyoung explained her reason for taking the same path her father takes and her reason for not following her mother's words. She just wanted to bring her father back home. On the other side, Mrs Son apologises for using a hand towards her daughter and for not listening to what her daughter really wanted to be.

As well as the pillar and the light of the home, the lover exchanged apology.

The husband apologized but the wife didn't forgive him. Because he doesn't have to. She never hates him and there is no reason for him to apologise. If she may be, she had already given her forgiveness to her husband. The wife knows it is all for them. She knows, he sacrifices to stay away because of them. But, it was hard for her to raise their kids alone. The wife once losses hope, afraid her husband may don't return to the family they have.

A tearful night set since the family reunited and a delighted morning bloomed as they become one inside their sweet home again.

Mr Son brought Mrs Son to everything he has. He showed her the outcome of his sacrifice through all these years away from his loved ones.

But now, everything is solved. No more sorrowful tears to spill in the family.

The house filled with smiles and laughter. The family don't go out that much. They prefer staying home for now. There is no other place as beautiful and as warm as home with your entire family.

Cooking tasty breakfast, lunch, dinner, baking smooth and sweet cakes and cookies, watching a movie in the cosy living room, sharing stories that they face alone, sharing smiles and laughs altogether. There is nothing the family can wish for more. Their small home is enough to warm their hearts and create a new chapter of their lives without one leaving in the frame.

Today is the day before the birthday of the light of the family.

The husband and wife are in the garden, looking for food on the internet to make for the celebration for tomorrow.

"Dad, are you planning on draining the celebrant's energy?" The wife chuckles. "This is a lot. I can't cook this alone. You can't help me either. You don't know how to cook."

The husband chuckles. "It's alright mommy, I will invite someone as good as you. She can help you cook all of this."

"She? And who is that daddy, hmm?" The wife raises her eyebrow.

The husband kisses her on the lips. "There is nothing to be jealous of, mommy. She's the second daughter of the family." He smiles.

Her eyes widened. "Second daughter? Did you mean, Chaeyoung's girlfriend?" He nods with a smile. "Omooo! I'm so excited to finally meet my daughter in law, daddy."

"Haha. You will like her, mommy. She's a great daughter. If there's a chance, I would set their wedding right here right now. I can't wish for anyone for our princess. There is no one as better as her."

"I trust you, dad." She nod. "You mentioned last time that you know her since she's a kid, right?"

"Yes, mommy. Why?"

"I just find it so amazing, dad. Who would expect that those two will end up together?"

He chuckles. "That's what I thought also. I told that kid once that I won't mind her marrying our princess. I didn't know she will take it seriously, hahaha. But, I'm glad. Those two are both understanding and I'm sure they will do great together. Although we can't avoid the obstacles in our life. But, if one doesn't give up, those kids will find themselves inside each other's arms again."

The wife smile in agree. "Hearing your words, I feel like crying that our princess is grown up now. She handles life alone for how many years. She fights every hardship she faces every day and shed tears for patients." She sighs. "I'm so proud of her despite the fact that I couldn't be there to cheer."

The husband rubs her shoulder. "Let's just mind the present now, mommy. And accept the fact that our princess is not a lady now but a woman. A beautiful and responsible one." He smiles and she smiles as well.

The husband and wife continued talking about things. While the daughter and son are designing the house.

"Noona, Mom said I can invite my friends. Who will you bring?" Jeongin was airing the balloons in the living room. Meanwhile, Chaeyoung was doodling for 'Happy Birthday'

"I already ask my friends last day so they can prepare to put tomorrow's date on their schedule since they are busy in their companies. Hopefully, they can come except for one person."

"Is it my sister in law?"

Chaeyoung blush from his choice of words. "Y-Yeah. She is really busy lately. We haven't met each other since I return from Okinawa. We barely talk on the phone too."

He hums. "That is so sad. I bet, you miss her so much."

Chaeyoung didn't respond and just pout whilst outlining the huge letters on the board.

Jeongin pokes her cheek. Chaeyoung looks up at him with questioning eyes. He withdraws his hand.

"You're every move and expression is always cute, you're aware of that right?"

"What are you trying to dig?"

"Just wondering, maybe she likes you because you're the right definition of adorable."

"Are you saying that if I'm not cute, she won't like me?" She raises an eyebrow.

"I don't mean it like that. I'm defining 'she' as general. What I'm saying was, anyone can fall for you easily because of the charms that you're not trying to show but shows without your knowledge. You have this personality and attitude that can make any evil's heart beats."

"What are you even trying to say. I don't see any sense from your words." She rubs her nape. "The topic is too random."

"I'm just complimenting you because you're awesome. Can you believe that? You just made 2 devils fall for you. Bae Irene and Myoui Mina are not just ordinary persons. I'm expecting they have high standards yet only a Son Chaeyoung caught their eyes."

"You don't have to bring them up to explain my character tsk. And excuse me? Are you saying that I'm a low standard?"

He chuckles. "I don't mean it like that, noona." He gulps from her glare. "Just chill n chill and relax~" He sings and smile.

"Psh. Stop talking and let's continue. We have a long way to do."

"Yes, uri strawberry princess."