SL ㅡ 21

"Chaeng?" Irene was a bit surprised seeing Chaeyoung in front of the door as she comes out of the room

It's not like she doesn't want to see her but Chaeyoung came in a wrong timing.

Chaeyoung looks at her confusedly when Irene's face shows a lot of worries.

"Why do you look like you're not expecting me to come? I told you on the phone I will visit Seulgi."

"Yes, butㅡ" Irene's words cut when the door opens, revealing two women on their 40's. She immediately hides Chaeyoung behind her.

"Who are you with?" One of the women asks. She is Irene's mother.

Irene didn't respond, trying her best to hide Chaeyoung although she knows it's impossible to hide her at this state.

Irene's mother went behind Irene to see the person behind her. Her eyes widened. "You!" She points Chaeyoung with disgust and brings her eyes to Irene. "Why are you still seeing her?! Didn't you told us you break up already?! What is going on Bae Joohyun?!"

"Mom, stop making a fuss. She's not here for me. She's here to visit Seulgi as a friend."

"And how should I believe you that? You become a liar because you fell in love like a fool with that girl! You turned down the contract before and promise to hand the company. You did but that doesn't mean I believed that you already forget about her! You have rejected many of our partner's heirs because you still have feelings towards that girl! Now, tell Bae Joohyun!"

Irene runs her fingers through her hair, trying to be patient towards her mother who thinks she knows everything.

"Mom, you don't really trust me, don't you? Why are you like this seriously? How can you say I turned down those guys because I still love her? Marriage life is not that easy, mom. You know that." She bites her lower lip and sighs in frustration.

"You and dad came from that and I'm the product of that marriage contract. How can you do the same thing towards me? How can this family be so selfish?! Since I was still a baby until to this age, the family didn't care about me. I didn't matter to this family. All of you thinks is just work and money. And now that I can stand on my own feet, you're going to use me because of fame? Did you know why I grew fond of her? Because she made me feel the love and care that I lack to see in this family! She always gives her time and attention to me. She's always there when I'm sick and having trouble in my studies. Have you ever done anything of that to me? No, mom. No!ㅡ"

Mrs Bae slapped Irene really hard that it echoes on the hallway. Chaeyoung and the other woman which is Seulgi's mother are both shocked from what happened but Irene remained unbothered as if she's used to it.