Chapter 25- Thanksgiving

CJ POV

The next morning we left the hospital. Jason was still limping and wobbling, so the doctors gave him so crutches. It must have been hard to use crutches when one of your wrists has a cast. It was Thanksgiving. Jason said that we were going to eat dinner at his house. When we got home, Toby was watching tv.

"Hey guy's."

"Hey Toby. What's up?"

"Nothing. Just watching tv." obviously.

"Hey tonight we're having a Thanksgiving dinner." Jason said sitting down on the couch.

"We'll have turkey and cranberry sauce, and pumpkin pie." I said excitedly.

"Oh guys guess what."

"What?" Me and Toby said at the same time.

"Caleb, remember Paul?"

"Who?"

"The old guy we met when I forced you to go trick or treating."

"Oh, yeah. What about him?"

"I invited him. I also invited Lily," he tensed at the name, "my cousin, not you know who."

"Jay, can I invite my dad?"

"Sure. I invited mine."

Jay POV

We started setting up. I put a big table in the living room, since I didn't have a dinning room, and my kitchen is too small. Then Lily came and started dinner. Me, Caleb and Toby set up chairs. We needed 7 chairs. Then the guests started to arrive.

We all sat around the table and started eating. I was sad. It was different with out my grandmother. She would make some sort of pie or salad.

"So boys," said Paul, "are you together or something."

I just noticed that me and Caleb were holding hands under the table. I looked over at him smiling.

"Uh yeah." I said.

"I think it's adorable." Toby said smiling. He is so stupid. I couldn't help but chuckle. Then there was a clattering sound that came from the kitchen.

"I think your cousin needs help." My dad said going to the kitchen.

Then there was a knock on the door. I grabbed my crutches, my leg still hurting and all, and limped over to the door. I opened it.

"Tim. What brings you here?"

"I came over to give you this." He said handing me a get well soon card.

"Thanks. Hey, would you like to stay for dinner?"

"Uh sure." He came in and I took his coat. He sat down. He started eating a piece of pumpkin pie.  Then his face turned green.

"I think I'm gonna be sick." He said running to the bathroom.

Oh no. I thought reading the back of the pie box. One of the ingredients was peanut oil. And Timothy is allergic to peanuts. If he eats one, he gets red and vomits everywhere. I went in the bathroom to check on him.

"You alright buddy?"

"No."

I grabbed his shot thingy and gave him a shot. Then he took a breath of fresh air and smiled.

"Thanks."

"You're welcome."

Then he left because he was going on a date with his girlfriend.

After we ate and talked, and watched football, our guests left.

"Thanks for dinner guys. Goodnight."

"Goodnight Toby." me and Caleb said at the same time.

Then we went upstairs.

CJ POV

I layed down next to Jason. Ever since our first kiss, I had a question. Why did Jason love me? I haven't asked yet, and he seems happy, so I'll ask.

"Um Jason?"

"Yeah Caleb?"

"Why do you love me?"

"Because I do."

"But I'm nothing special. I am not handsome or cute like you."

"Yeah you are. Your hair reminds me of milky chocolate. And your eyes are like coffee beans. Why do you love me?"

"Because you are nice and smart and funny. You put others needs before your own. The way you helped Toby or Tim. I've never helped anyone. I'm selfish and conceded."

"Well, you cared about me enough to cut yourself over me. I'm not saying that that was a good thing, but it was brave."

"I'm not brave. I got scared at the haunted hike."

"So. The point is you are special to me."

"I'm not special. I only had one friend, other than you, and both my girlfriends were just using me. Most people hate me. I was bullied."

"Plenty of people love you." Then I started to cry onto his warm chest.

"I'm scared Jay."

"Why?"

"I am scared that I'll do something stupid or bad. Or you'll hate me or get bored of me. And you'll leave me. I care and love you so much. I don't want you to leave me."

"Listen," he said wiping the tears from my eyes, "I will never leave. I love you too much."

"Promise?"

"Promise."

I lay there for a while. Then I hear his heavy breathing, meaning he was asleep.

"I love you Jason." I said quietly, not that he would hear, and kissed his cheek.

Then I too fell asleep.

//Hey I forgot to tell you something. They live in North Carolina. Please enjoy cakers.//