Chapter 11-haunted trail part 1

HALLOWEEN
JAY POV
It's almost Halloween. Tomorrow is the haunted trail. I am so excited. I thought to myself. I was at Wal-Mart trying to find the perfect costume. Your never to old to wear a costume. I bought some decorations for our house; fake webs, spiders, pumpkins. I also bought a pumpkin pie scented candle, and a fall one. I love fall. Caleb was in another isle looking for a costume. Mine is gonna be better than his. Then my eyes landed on the perfect costume. I grabbed it and put it in my cart. After we checked out, we went to McDonald's. I got a burger and CJ got chicken. Then we went home to eat. "Hey Caleb, what's your costume?" "I am going to be, drum roll please, Freddy Krueger. Muhaha." "Well ha mine is better." "What is it?" "l am going to be, Jason." "You are Jason, Jason." "No smartass the one from the movie with the mask. " "Hey watch your language." "Why don't you make me." "Okay." Then he opened a pack of ketchup and squirted it on my face. "Oh it's on." I said opening up a mustard pack. Then we had a battle. When we were done, I was a mess. I went to clean up. Then we put up decorations. "Hey, were are going CJ?" "To work." "You have a job?" "Yeah. I work at Subway. It's much better than working at McDonald's or Wendy's. " "Your right. Hey, bring me home a chocolate chip cookie." "What do you say?" He said with a smirk. "Please." "K."
THE NEXT DAY
CJ POV

I got into my costume and started my make up. I heard Jay come up behind me. He was wearing a bloody mask and was holding a big knife thingy. "Did you wake up on the wrong side of the bed, Jay?" "No." "Jay, I don't want to go on the haunted trail." "Why?" "I am such wimp, that I cried watching goose bumps, when I was 14." "Wow you are a wimp. " "Hey don't call me a wimp." "But you just called yourself a wimp."  "Oh right." On the way there I was literally shaking. I hated jump scares. I hate surprises. I also hate those people who follow you if your at the end. When we got there, it was really dark. We stood by the start, and guess what. We were at the back. I must have been shaking because Jay asked if I was ok. "Yes I'm fine." "Don't worry it'll be fun." "No I can't do it." I said walking away. Then he started talking to me like I was a baby. "Does the little Caleb Waleb want me to hold his handy wandy?" I answered talking like a baby. "Yes pwease." Then we laughed a little. Then it happened. He actually held my hand. It was warm and soft. It felt so good. I could hold his hand forever. He looked over at me, and I could see his eyes sparkle in the moonlight from behind his mask. It was time. We started walking. A guy with a chainsaw scared me first. Then he started following me making that horrible chainsaw sound. Ugh I hated this. I only liked one thing, holding Jay's sweaty hand.