Chapter 23- The Hospital

CJ POV

When I got in the waiting room I ran up to the front desk.

"Hello sir, how may I help you?"

"Um, I'm here for Jason Bluee."

She flipped through her papers.

"Yes. He is in room 123. It'll be a while. What's your name?"

"Caleb Welsh."

"Okay Caleb, we'll let you know have a seat."

So I went and sat in one of the uncomfortable plastic chairs. Toby, ugh, sat next to me. I hate waiting rooms. It was so awkwardly quiet. Nobody was talking. Some man was sneezing. A lady was crying. I even think someone was sleeping. Then Jay's dad came in. After about a hour, I still couldn't see him. Finally, a nurse came out.

"Caleb Welsh?"

"I'm here." I said walking up to the nurse.

The nurse took me down a long hallway. Before I went in the nurse told me what happened to him.

"He had a small concussion. He twisted his wrist, and his leg is badly injured." She opened the door and I went in.

I saw him lying on the bed. He had a bandage wrapped around his head, and you could see a little blood bleeding through the bandage. He had a blue cast on his wrist. I'm not trying to be mean, but he looked terrible.

Jay POV

I woke up to a beep beep beep. When I opened my eyes, there was a nurse smiling down at me. My head was throbbing. So was my leg.

"Ughhh."

"Oh so you're awake." The nurse squealed, "You have a visitor. His names Caleb."

That made me smile. I know it would be mean, especially since he was probably worried, but I wanted to play a trick on him. He looked nervous.

"Uh h-hey Jason."

Here it goes. "Who are you? Do I know you?"

He started to cry. I couldn't help smile.

"Caleb, I'm just kidding I know it's you."

At that moment his sadness turned to anger.

"Jason. Don't scare like that. Ever."

Then there was a knock on the door. In came my dad and, is that Toby? Yep. It's Toby. Why is he here?

"Um Jason I'm sorry." Toby said.

"Why?"

"Uh. I'm the one who hit you. I'm sorry. I brought Caleb here."

"It's okay. I should've been looking where I was going."

"No, no. It's not your fault."

"Caleb, Toby is just like you. Every time I try to apologize for something, you tell me it's not my fault."

"What? I'm nothing like him." Toby and CJ said at the same time. Then they glared at each other.

Caleb came and sat down next to me and picked up a marker. Then he signed my cast.

"Can I sign it to?"

"No Toby," Caleb said, "go away."

"Hey Caleb that was a little mean. Did you wake up on the wrong side of the bed this morning?"

"No. I woke up in the wrong bed, your bed."

"Just let him sign it."

"Ugh. Okay."

"Wow you two really hate each other." I said.

"Yep." said Caleb.

"I don't hate anybody." said Toby.

"Then why were you mean to Caleb at the beginning of the year?"

"I wanted to be your friend, but I didn't know how to ask."

"That's so sad."

"Don't fall for it Jay, we don't know what he's up to."

"Caleb lighten up."

"Fine." He said frowning.

"Um Toby, Dad, do you think you can go home? I want to be with Caleb, alone."

My dad left.

"Toby can't go home. He doesn't have one." said Caleb.

"Oh, really?"

"Yeah." Toby said frowning.

"Why?"

"I had a friend once. I thought I could trust him, but I was wrong. On day, I was going to buy a house. He came with me, and stole my money. My mom and dad moved to Atlanta. I had no family. All I had was my car and my stuff."

"Oh. Are you sure you're Toby from college? Toby who punches and calls people names? And how can you pay for college?"

"Yes I'm Toby Woods and I had lots of scholarships. And I have a lot of jobs."

Then I had an idea!

"Toby, you wanna live with us?"

"Really? Uh sure."

"But Jay, besides where is he going to sleep?"

"Your room."

"Then where will I sleep? I'm not sleeping on the couch."

"You can sleep in my room." I said smiling.

As soon as I said that, he smiled, then his smile turned to a frown.

"Are you sure Jay? I don't trust him."

"Yes I'm sure. He seems nicer now anyways."

"Ugh. Fine."

"Now Toby, go wait outside for Caleb."

CJ POV

I don't want Toby to live with us. After Toby left I asked Jason a question.

"Hey the nurse said something happened to your leg. What happened?"

He lifted up the blanket. On his left leg, there was a mark that went from his ankle to his thigh. It was bloody and looked grotesque. I covered my eyes.

"Uh cover it up."

He chuckled and covered it up.

"Tomorrow I'm getting stiches for it. Listen I know you don't want Toby to live with us, but I like sleeping next to you."

"I do too." I said smiling.

"I love you. Now go take Toby home."

"But I want to stay here with you."

"Then go take him, set him up and come back."

"Okay." I said smiling.

We drove in silence. When I got there I put my stuff upstairs. Then I helped clean out his car. I put his stuff in his room. Then I told him the rules. Then I left.

"Hey Jay. I'm back."

Then I layed down next to him, on the side with no injuries. I felt his warm body heat. It felt nice.

"Love you. I hope you get better."

"Love you too."

Then I fell asleep.