Chapter 22- Ride to the Hospital

Jay POV

"JASON! Nooooo-" I heard. Then everything went black.

CJ POV

I turned around. There was a red car. Jason was walking. He got in front of it. There was rain, blood, and glass everywhere. All I could think about, was if he was going to be alright. Then ambulances came. The hospital was about 45 minutes away. The nurses wouldn't let me in that stupid truck. Then it left. The red car wasn't to badly damaged. Then the driver got out. And guess who it was. Toby.

"What the hell Toby. You don't go around hitting people." I said crying.

"Oh, Hey Caleb."

"Don't oh hey Caleb me. You just, just hurt him, you big idiot. God."

"Look, I'm sorry."

I couldn't help my anger, or sadness, so I went up to him and punched him. In his eye. Just like he did to me.

"I guess I deserved that." He said holding his eye.

"You're damn right. You don't even seem to care, and you almost killed somebody." I said walking away, still crying. I was going to go get the car and drive to the hospital.

"Hey wait, where are you going?"

"Uh to the hospital, duh."

"I can drive you there if you like."

"No thanks. Why would I ride in a car with my enemy. You could take me to your home and kill me for all I know."

"Uh. I won't do that."

"Yeah okay."

"Come back."

Then he got in his car and started driving. He drove up to me and drove next to me.

"Let me put it to ya this way. Get in the car or I punch you. Got it?"

I kept walking. Then I heard the car door open and I picked up my pace. He was walking behind me and I started running. He started running too. I heard him continuously throw up his keys, then catch them again. Finally I turned around.

"Fine."

I got in the passenger seat and looked around. The car was a mess. There was stuff everywhere.

"Sorry about the mess, I haven't cleaned it out in a while."

"Whatever."

Then he started to drive.

"Um Caleb I'm sorry I was mean to you."

"Yeah right. I am still mad at you. I mean, you just blackmailed me to ride in your stupid car."

"Sorry bitch."

"I am not a bitch. Bitchs are girl dogs. I'm neither girl nor am I a dog."

"Smartass."

"I am not smart. In middle school I mostly got D's. So it's surprising how I got into high school or college."

"Whatever."

I was still mad so I started mimicking something he would say.

"Oh look at me I'm Toby. I'm stupid and I can't drive."

"Oh look I'm Caleb. All I do is kiss guys."

"Hey I'm not gay." I lied. But it's okay to lie to your enemy right? He is probably lying to me.

Then I crossed my arms and looked out the window. What if he dies or loses his sight or something. What if he gets amnesia and forgets all about me. Those thoughts made me cry. Then I needed a tissue. So I reached for the glove box.

"Hey got any tissues?" I said opening the glove box.

"Wait no don't-" But I already opened it. It was full of money.

"Dude you should really put this cash in your home. It could get stolen."

"Uh I can't."

"Sure you can it's not hard."

"Uh, um. I don't have a house."

Then I kinda felt bad. I felt sorry for him.

"Uh sorry to hear that dork."

"Hey that hurt."

"What? In the beginning of the year you punched me and called me gay, even though it's true." Uh no. Did I really just say that?

"Yes! I knew it!"

"Wait? What?"

"Uh at the haunted hike I saw you and Jason holding hands, because I was a worker for the hike. Also I served you at the restaurant."

"Well I'm glad you're happy. But you just turned my boyfriend into a pancake."

"Sorry."

"Didn't anyone teach you how to drive?"

"Yeah. But it was rainy, and I was tired."

"Whatever."

That was the longest car ride ever. Finally we got there.