Mischief

He wasn't quite sure how the debate started. He just knew he was sitting in the middle of Derek's apartment and the whole pack was shouting different names at him. He recalled Erica begging him to tell her his name after the substitute teacher in Chemistry looked at the list of students during roll call and Stiles just mumbled "I'm here just call me Stiles."

"Why do you guys care so much?" He laughed.

"I just want to know." Erica whined, "Scott knows, why can't we!?"

"I don't know his real name." Scott chimes in making Stiles snort.

"As much as I love Scotty that's one thing I told him he'd never know. It's just too annoying." Stiles sighed, "besides you wouldn't be able to even say it so why bother."

"I think you're lying."

"Seriously, cat woman?"

"I think you just don't like it and it amuses you that it bugs us."

Stiles smirked, "tell you what, I'll tell you if you guess it."

And then names started bouncing around the room.

"Stephan."

"Tyler."

"Dylan!"

"Edward!"

Stiles was actually finding it quite amusing. The names weren't even close. They wouldn't be because his name wasn't normal, not for around here at least. It's Polish, it's long, and it's hard to pronounce for most.

"Give is a hint at least!" Isaac whined.

Stiles shrugged, "starts with an M."

"Matthew!"

"Malcom?"

"Mackenzie."

"Really, Jackson?"

"It could be!"

"It's not." Stiles rolled his eyes, getting more comfortable on the couch.

"Mischief."

Stiles jerked his head toward Derek who was walking in from the kitchen. "Why would you guess that?" He mumbled, cheeks turning red.

"You're always getting into some type of trouble." Derek smirked.

Stiles shook his head, "clever, but no. C-can we not do this anymore today?"

The pack groaned but found other things to occupy themselves with for the rest of the night. Derek sitting on the other end of the couch with a book, a movie on in the background.

The pack slowly started filing out around midnight. Everyone heading to their homes. Stiles being the last one to leave.

"Why'd you really call me that?" He asked, voice low.

"That's your name." Derek replies, not looking up from his book, "well it's what it means anyways."

"You don't even know my name."

"Mieczyslaw." Derek said, looking at the younger.

He didn't hesitate, didn't pronounce it wrong. It rolled off his tongue and floated through the air like it was made for him to say and Stiles felt his heart jump to his throat.

"You left your wallet here that one time, I looked to see who's it was. You came back before I left to bring it to you."

"But...how...?"

"I just told you how." Derek rolled his eyes playfully.

"No...how can you say it like it's normal?"