I Don't Want To Go To Prom

This is for TheThingInYourCloset I'm so so sorry it took so long!! I hope you like it!!!

Stiles groaned as Scott brought up Prom for the thousandth time. He didn't want to talk about the dance, he didn't even want to go. He didn't have a date and Scott kept trying to hook him up with people. The only problem is, he's gay and in a relationship. A secret relationship, but still a committed relationship. Stiles hadn't told Scott because it was never the right time. Something always got in the way. And besides, his boyfriend didn't really want it getting out since Stiles isn't eighteen and he could get into serious trouble for dating a minor. Especially, a minor who's the son of the town's Sheriff.

"I don't get why you won't go with Lydia. She said you two could go as friends. Or Malia, she's like in love with you."

"Because I don't like either of them? Scott, I don't want to go at all a date won't make it any better."

Scott sighed. "It's Senior Prom. You can't skip it."

"Huh, I wonder where I've heard that before." Sarcasm dripping from each word.

Scott rolled his eyes. "In ten years you'll thank me."

"Yeah, right."

---

"It's just annoying." Stiles sighed, he was sitting upside down on his couch talking to Cora.

"You're annoying." She retaliated. "Just go to prom."

Stiles sighed. "But I don't want to."

"Why?"

"Because I don't." He said

Cora sighed. "If you don't shut up, I'm going to shove this remote so far up your ass you won't be able to walk for a week."

"That sounds great." Stiles said making the other scrunch up her nose.

She shook her head. "No, just no."

Stiles laughed. "You want pizza?"

"No, Derek's gonna be here to get me soon." She said.

"Oh okay." Stiles nodded and moved so he was sitting correctly on the couch.

"Your crush on him is gross, by the way."

"Can't help it. He's hot."

Cora gagged. "Don't call my brother hot near me."

Besides for Scott, Cora was Stiles' best friend. Unlike Scott, she knew about his sexuality. It was easier for Stiles to open up to Cora about, well, anything. It always seemed hard with Scott. Stiles knew he could come out to the other, but he still felt like it wasn't an option. The thought itself terrified him.

---

"No." Lydia snapped when Stiles walked out of the dressing room.

Stiles sighed. This was the fourth suit he had tried on. "Lyds, it's just prom."

"JUST PROM?" She pinched the bridge of her nose. "It is not just prom Stiles. You have to look spectacular!! This is our night to shine! Now, put the next one on!"

He scratched his jaw and went back into the dressing room. "I still don't get the big deal."

"Then just pretend, amuse me, okay?" Lydia sighed.

Stiles walked back out. "Yeah, fine." He said spinning when Lydia spun her finger.

She smiled "I think we have a winner."

---

John laughed as he watched his son struggle with his tie.

"Stop laughing and help me!" Stiles whined.

The older Stilinski shook his head but helped his son. "Why are you so anxious?"

"I'm not anxious. I don't want to go."

"And why's that?"

Stiles sighed. "I just don't."

The Sheriff gave his son a hard look.

He groaned. "Because I won't see the person I want to see tonight and I'd rather be with them than at a stupid school dance where I'm only friends with like three people who all have dates, might I add."

"Why didn't you invite this person?"

"Because they can't go."

"How old is he?" The Sheriff sighed.

"Psh, what? He? Old? What? Who do you think I am? I'm as straight as a pole."

John rolled his eyes. "You're as straight as Scott's jaw. Come on, out with it."

"No, you'll kill him." Stiles gave in sitting on his bed. He got another look from his dad. "Fine, he's twenty-three."

John nodded. "I want to meet him, invite him over for dinner."

Stiles choked on his spit. "What?"

"Dinner, Thursday." He nodded. "Now, go to your dance."

Stiles sighed. "I swear to god if you threaten him I will hang myself from the ceiling fan in the living room." He grumbled on his way downstairs.

John just laughed.

--

Prom was exactly how Stiles expected it to be. Loud, packed, and boring. He ended up sitting at a table alone because his friends were all dancing with their dates. Although, right before they announced king and queen the night took quite a turn.

"Uh, hi. Can I get your attention?" Stiles' head snapped toward the stage where the voice was projecting from. "Hi, I'm Derek and well, my boyfriend is having a really lousy time because he thought I couldn't make it. The problem is, we haven't told anyone about our relationship and that's all on me but that's beside the point." He scanned the packed gymnasium. "But, I don't want him to be miserable. It's his senior prom. Nobody wants that. And he looks fucking gorgeous right now. Damn. I'm done hiding him, I just hope he's okay with that. Stiles? Babe, come here."

Stiles felt everyone's gaze focus on him as he got up and slowly walked toward the stage.

"Stiles, I love you so much and I want everyone to know. So, will you dance with me?"

The blush that rose up his cheeks was almost distracting him from the glares burning through him. He watched as Derek got off the stage and finally met him. "What're you doing?" Stiles asked.

"Well, right now I'm standing here. Are we gonna dance?" Derek asked.

Stiles shook his head, laughing. "You're such a loser." He smiled, wrapping his arms around the other, pressing their lips together.

"I love you." Derek hummed as they started to sway back and forth.

"I love you too."