Sometimes It Gets A Little Too Much

Stiles is not okay. Anyone with two eyes could see it. He wasn't eating. He'd either be up all week or asleep until someone forced him to get up. His grades were dropping. Most importantly, he wasn't talking. Anyone in their right mind knows that Stiles NEVER shuts his trap.

Scott was constantly asking his best friend if he was okay. Stiles would nod, give a small smile, and say "I'm fine"

His dad would come into his room every morning and night to bring him food hoping he would eat. Stiles would say "I'm not hungry." His dad would argue "you need to eat" and Stiles would sigh with a small "okay" but not get up from his bed only to have the same conversation later that night.

Isaac tries to get Stiles to come back to the loft. He practically lived there at one point but now, he's only there for pack meetings. And even then he's not really there.

It hurt Derek the most. Him and Stiles had a connection and before Derek had a chance to even learn the boys favorite color his wolf was screaming "MATE" constantly in the back of his mind. Whenever he knew Stiles was upset his heart broke a little. He wanted to comfort the boy but Stiles refused to open the window whenever Derek would come by.

What really showed everyone that Stiles was not okay is when Derek told Stiles "I'm getting you from school tomorrow and you're going to the doctor" and Stiles responded with a nod.

Stiles hates the doctor. When he was younger his dad had to tell him they were going shopping or to dinner. Then afterwards to keep the boy from throwing a huge fit in the middle of the doctors office his dad would take him for ice cream, to the arcade, or to get a new toy.

Derek waited outside of the school for the teen. Scott was meeting them at the hospital taking Stiles Jeep- which Stiles never let's anyone drive -and Stiles walked over to Derek.

"You doing okay?" Derek asked. Stiles hasn't said a single word to Derek in almost 3 weeks. He looked up at the Alpha trying to hold back his tears before shaking his head. Derek wrapped his arms around the smaller boy feeling a lump in his throat as he felt his shirt get wet with tears.

Stiles eventually pulled away getting in the car not saying a word.

When they arrived at the hospital they saw Scott waiting with his mom. Melissa smiled at Stiles taking him to another room.

"I need to ask you some questions, okay?" She said. Stiles nodded sitting on the bed. "Are you sleeping?" She started.

Stiles shrugged. "Sometimes." he said filling her in about his sleeping habits.

"Are you eating?" She asked. Stiles shook his head. "Can I check your weight?" Stiles sighed getting up.

"Are you having suicidal thoughts?" She watched as Stiles dropped his head. "Oh, honey." She said putting down her clipboard and hugging him.

"I don't mean too. " He cried into her shoulder.

"I know." She said rubbing his back.

"It's just to much, I can't take it. I'm stressed about school, I'm constantly consumed by the supernatural, my dad wants me to get a job, I miss my mom like crazy. I can't breathe. It's all just too much." Stiles spoke. Thats the most he's said in months and Melissa made sure to listen.

"We'll fix this okay? I'm gonna have you stay here for awhile. You're going to get better." She wiped the tears off his face and kissed his forehead.

"Thanks, mom." He mumbled. Melissa smiled and walked out of the room.

As Melissa was talking to Stiles, Derek and Scott were stuck in the waiting room. Derek could feel that Stiles was once again crying and had to force himself not to. Scott noticed and asked "Derek, are you okay?" Derek didn't move his gaze from the wall in front of him.

"Stiles is crying." he said.

"How do you know?" Scott asked.

"He's my mate." Derek said bluntly.

"Oh..?" Scott said confused. Nobody has completely explained what is means to have a mate to Scott.

"My wolf really likes Stiles. I have a connection with him that you'll understand when you find your mate. Whenever he's sad, I feel it. If he gets hurt, I feel it. He is mine, I'm his. Understand?" Derek asked. Scott nodded.

Melissa walked out of the room Stiles was in looking for Scott. "Did you call his dad?" She asked finding her son. Scott nodded watching Derek walk into Stiles' room.

Stiles' dad arrived before Melissa said anything. "Is he okay?" Sheriff Stilinski asked. She sighed.

"No. He's having suicidal thoughts and isn't sleeping right. I called his doctors office, when they checked his weight last he was 147 pounds. He's barely 104 now." Melissa said sadly.

"Is he going to be okay?" Scott asked.

"Hopefully. We're going to keep him here for awhile." She filled in.

--

Stiles has been in the hospital for about a month now. His friends were constantly visiting him, his dad was there as much as possible, Lydia was keeping him caught up with school. Derek though, was always there. He would come in as soon as they let him and he wouldn't leave until he was forced to.

Everyday Derek brought food for Stiles. Sometimes it was breakfast, others lunch, even dinner. Stiles appreciated it, he did, but after not eating for so long, it was still hard.

He had finally made it back to a healthy weight. He was put on anti-depressants and he was getting a normal amount of sleep by the time he was allowed to leave the hospital.

Derek was the one to bring him home. Before they got into the car Stiles stopped the wolf.

"Derek." He said. The wolf turned around feeling his heart rate increase. "Thanks...for...everything." Stiles said.

"It's fine." Derek said opening the car door for Stiles. The teen stared up at the other for a minute before pressing their lips together.

"I love you, Derek Hale." Stiles said. "And Scott told me I'm your mate..." he smiled.

"I love you too, Stiles. Forever, no matter what." Derek replied leaning down and kissing him again.