The Penny Date

Stiles POV

Derek is discussing something I'm assuming is important. Although, I can't focus on what he's saying. I'm way to caught up in just him in general. He's perfect. His shirt clings onto him just right I mean who wouldn't want to see Derek's muscles? And his hair is a perfect amount of I just rolled out of bed and I spent hours to perfect this. And his jaw. Oh God his jaw.

"Stiles" Scott said making me jump. "Uh yeah?" I asked. "Derek was talking to you.." Scott said quietly. "Yeah Der?" I asked. "Could you maybe pay attention for once?" He said. "You could maybe ask me out for once?" I mumbled. "Excuse me?" He retorted. "You heard me with those werewolf ears." He said looking at my hands. "This got weird..." Scott said. "Um..so..back to the uh..meeting.." Derek said staring at me.

At the end of the meeting he asked me to stay back. After everyone left he finally verbalized his thoughts. "So um..what you said earlier..." he started. "Derek stop you don't-" he cut me off. "But I want to." He said. "Oh..really?" What? Derek actually wants to go on a date..with me? "Yeah. So like..do you wanna go somewhere?" He asked. "Now?" Wait..now? Derek nodded. "Sure..where?" I asked. "Well I uhm...I don't know." He said honestly. "Do you have a penny?" I asked. He gave me a confused look but reached into his pocket to hand me a penny.

"Give me a number." I said. "I don't know...6" he said. "Kay let's go." We walked out to his camaro. "Where are we going?" He asked. I buckled the seat belt before flipping the penny. Its heads. "Go left." I said. He pulled out of his driveway going left. As we came up to a stop sign I flipped the penny again. Tails. "Go right"

This continued 4 more flips at each stop until I told him to pull over. "So what exactly are we doing. "Well. Lets go fuck up IKEA." I said looking at the store across the street. "seriously?" he questioned. "yeah? you don't know how to have fun do you?" I laughed grabbing his hand and pulling him toward the store.

We walked around the store for awhile before Derek sighed "Can we do anything else? Please?" he asked. "I guess. I don't know what to do though." I said. "We can do that penny thing again." he said. I nodded "okay"

We did the penny thing again and this time we ended up near the beach. Behind us was a bar, which I was more than up for, and in front of us was the beach. "Beach" Derek said. "You're no fun." I whined. " you can't even get in that bar. You look like a 12 year old girl." he said pulling me toward the sand. "why do I like you?" I asked more to myself then Derek. "Why not?" he responded.

We were walking along the shore hand in hand in silence, comfortable silence. It was weird, different but I loved it. "Hey Der?" I said. He made a small noise in response. "why exactly did you take me out?" I asked. "You wanted me too. I wanted too." he said. "If you wanted too..then why didn't you ask me before?" I asked. "I didn't think you would want to." he said honestly. "well I did." I said quietly. Derek stopped "I know that now" he said making me look at him. "what are you guna do about it?" I asked biting my lip. "this" he whispered leaning in to kiss me.

I kissed back immediately. His lips were so so soft. 

Looking at Derek you would think his kisses would be rough and hot but no. This kiss was soft and passionate and full of love and I don't know how one person could put so much emotion into such a short kiss but he did it. It was so amazing, I found myself whimpering as he pulled away and he chuckled at the pout drawn across my face. 

"you're really beautiful" he said pecking my lips once more. "shut up" I smiled looking down. "You are." he said "really, you are." I couldn't stop the blush on my face. "you wanna know what else you are?" he said. I looked up. "mine" he smiled. "you're mine. Even if you don't want to be. You are." I smiled. "You should smile more." I told him. "I'll think about it." he smiled.

Who knew a small about of courage and a penny would get me here.

OH MY GOD GUYS!!! As you probably already know GAY MARRIAGE IS LEGAL IN ALL 50 STATES AND I'M SO HAPPY!!! This is a huge milestone and personally, I think it took way to long. None the less, I'm ecstatic. I'm so glad the world is beginning to see that love is love no matter who you are.

Alright, that is all. Thanks for reading!!!