SAT

This was rewritten (March 19, 2022)

The SAT is a multiple-choice, pencil-and-paper test created and administered by the College Board. (I live in the US and we have to take this. A good grade is normally anything above a 1050).

Derek POV

Watching Stiles walk into the loft I could see he was stressed. He was fumbling with a pile of packets in his hands, his backpack hanging off one shoulder, Scott in toe behind him. He dropped his keys on the counter grabbing a can of Coke from the fridge and pressing a kiss to my cheek. "Hi, Bear."

"Stiles!" Isaac sang at him as I hugged the younger quick before he pulled away to head toward my room upstairs, he waved at the curly haired beta and disappeared. "What was that about?" He pouted.

"He's stressing himself out over the SAT next weekend." Scott replied, dropping onto the couch next to him, his own Coke in hand.

I rolled my eyes, Stiles is too smart for his own good. I wasn't surprised to see him disappear knowing he had a big test coming up. Making my way upstairs I saw him with his glasses pushed onto his nose and a pencil hanging from his mouth.

"You seem a little stressed." I said softly, my hands coming down on his shoulders to massage. He groaned leaning back so his head hit my stomach. "Why're you so worried?"

He sighed, pushing forward again to read another question, scribbling a circle around and answer. "I need a scholarship, Der."

"You know I co-"

"I already said no." He snapped.

"You're gonna do great, babe." I sighed, kissing his cheek. He turned to look at me for a moment before turning back to the practice test.

—-

I was pulling out burgers to make dinner for the pack when my phone went off. I rolled my eyes seeing Stiles' contact pop up.

From: Baby 🥰
Can you help me?

"Stiles." I started walking into my room, "take a break."

"Nope. No way. Not until this is done." He said shaking the packet in his hands and dropping it on the desk.

I sighed. "What question?" He pointed to a English question.

After helping with the problem I made my way back downstairs and continued to get stuff together for dinner. It was barely a few minutes before my phone went off again.

From: Baby 🥰
Thanks, I love you.

To: My Baby 🥰
I love you too, babe.

——

Stiles POV

I've been staring at this problem for 45 minutes. Why can't I do a simple math problem? I have a 95 average in math I should be able to do this problem.

I started overwhelming myself because of this damn problem. I felt tears in my eyes.

"Ugh." I groaned rubbing them away. "Why am I so fucking emotional?" I asked myself quietly. "I can do this."

The average of 4 different integers is 75. If the largest integer is 90, what is the least possible value of the smallest integer?

I read this damn question over and over and over and nothing.

"DEREK!" I yelled hearing my voice crack. I waited a few minutes knowing I wouldn't need to yell for him again. He soon appeared in the doorway.

"You rang?" He joked.

"I need help." I whined, wiping my eyes again.

Derek POV

I was grilling the burgers when I heard Stiles yell for me.

"Scott." I said seeing my beta look up. "Watch these for me." I told him. He nodded and got up.

I walked up the stairs to see Stiles trying not to cry. I sighed knowing how emotional he gets when he doesn't know something. His dad doesn't have the money to pay for college so Stiles is doing everything he can to get a scholarship.

"Yes?" I asked.

"I need help." he sad sadly.

"I'll help you..but after this problem you're done for the night." I said. He gave me his 'Derek why do you hate me' look before sighing.

"Fine." he groaned.

"Good."

I helped him answer the problem seeing him smile when he saw his answer of '33' was choice E in his test booklet.

I picked him up and sat down in the chair placing him on my lap. He chuckled, kissing me and wrapping his hands together on the back of my neck.

"I love you so much, Bear." He mumbled against my lips.

"I love you too, baby" I said feeling him smile against my lips.

*time skip-seven weeks-test results*

"DEREK! DEREK! DEREK!" I heard Stiles screaming as he ran into my loft.

I laughed, "What?" I asked. He jumped up wrapping his arms and legs around me.

"I got a 1430!"

"Good job, baby" I said, kissing him.

"I want celebratory sex." He said. I rolled my eyes kissing him again.

"I'll think about it." He kissed my nose dropping out of grasp.

"I'm gonna write a book about our lives." He said.

"Excuse me?" I asked.

"What? My 1430 says I'm great at English and you're absolutely gorgeous sooo why not?" He said happily.

"You're adorable." I said kissing his forehead.

"I love you." I whispered.

"I love you too." he whispered back.