Home

Slightly based off of the song (I think It's a cover but I'm not sure.) Of Home by Jasmine Thompson. I thought of the idea while listening to the song anyway. Enjoy!

---------------

Stiles POV

I laid awake in bed as I heard my dad getting ready for work. I told him last night I wasn't going to school today and he just hugged me telling me to try and get some rest. I nodded and went straight to bed. Now, It's 6 am and I can't sleep.

I sighed rolling onto my stomach fighting back the tears forming in my eyes. I heard a small knock on my door.

"Yeah?" I said sadly. My dad walked in. He sighed watching me wipe my face and sit up.

Coming over and hugging me he said "Come here, kiddo." I buried my face in his shoulder crying even more.

"I miss her." I whispered.

"I know, I do too."

Derek POV

Everyday I wake up around 8 and jog around the woods. Everyday it's the same. The smells, the trees, the noise, all the same. But, today was different. It sounded like someone was walking through the woods, which would be strange. I sniffed trying to catch a scent hoping it was someone from my pack, knowing it was unlikely since my pack is made up of a bunch of teenagers and it's the middle of the week.

I finally caught a scent. It was familiar. It was discreet yet somehow pleasant. It wasn't overwhelming or difficult to stand. It was him.

"STILES!" I yelled running toward his scent. I heard him stop walking and I finally caught up. He didn't look up but I knew he was crying.

"Stiles, whats wrong? Why aren't you at school?" I asked. He didn't answer. I turned him around and hugged him. "Talk to me." I said "Please."

He buried his face in my chest "It's the anniversary of my mom's death." his voice muffled. I hugged him tighter.

"I'm sorry, Stiles" I told him.

We stood there for awhile just holding each other, it was nice. Stiles doesn't know yet, but he's my mate. I'd go to the ends of the earth just to see him smile. It broke my heart to hear him crying.

I kissed the top of his head. "Do you want me to take you home?" I asked.

"I am home." he said looking at me. I shook my head trying not to smile. "I feel more at home in your arms than I do anywhere else. Please don't make me leave." he begged.

"Then where do you want us to go?" I asked seeing him smile.

"As long as we're together, does it matter?" He responded. I leaned down and lightly kissed him. He kissed back wrapping his arms around my neck. I picked him up and carried him back to the Hale house.

"Home." he mumbled into my neck as I carried him in.

"Yeah, we're home, Stiles."