To Get Over You(Part 2)

JoshuaCasebolt Here's the second part of your request. I'm sorry it's taken so long.

I woke up on the floor wrapped up in Derek's arms. Everyone had moved to the floor last night at some point—why? I don't remember—either way, here we were. Cameron was on my other side still asleep, the rest of the pack seemed to be asleep too, aside from Derek who was running his hand up and down my arm.

I pushed myself out of his arms so I was sitting. "Morning, Der."

"Morning." He said, yawning.

I looked over at Cameron, I felt bad, breaking up with him. But I have to do it. I wasn't with him because I like him, I mean I do like him, but he's not Derek. He won't have my heart the way Derek does. It's not right for me to drag it on. It's not right to him, to Derek, or to me. I have to break up with him today.

I drove Cameron home after breakfast, the rest of the pack following us out. The ride to his house was silent. He asked why I sat down with Scott for most of the night. I told him my dad called me and told me something that upset me about my family and that Scott knew because he was basically family so I wanted him to "comfort me" and thank god Cameron's not a wolf because I haven't told that big of a lie since I hid the whole "werewolves are real" thing from my dad. He seemed to understand (even though it was a total lie) and said he hopes everything is okay.

I walked him to his door, I can do this, I need to do this.

"Cam, listen I..."

"I love you." He blurted.

I choked on my spit, "Excuse me, what?"

"I love you. I know it's early and everything but I do, I love you."

"I-I..." I stuttered. "I need to..." I walked away from him and climbed back into my Jeep ignoring his calls after me.

"I don't know what to do!" I yelled into the phone at Scott.

"How do you not know what to do? You want to be with Derek, Derek wants to be with you. So, break up with Cameron. You've only been together like a month right? He'll be fine."

"That's the thing Scott, I was gonna break up with him when I dropped him off and he blurted out that he loves me."

I heard Scott coughing, "He what!?"

"Confessed his undying love for me." I said, "More or less."

"But he asked you out like yesterday?"

"Yeah, I know."

There was a short silence before Scott spoke up again, "So, did you break up with him?"

"No? I bolted. I didn't know what to do."

"You need to pick him or Derek and if you pick him I'm gonna kill you."

I sighed, "You don't even like Derek."

"True, but you don't like Cameron as much as you like Derek and I've sat here watching you pin over him for months now. You guys deserve each other."

"I know I just...I feel bad."

"Wow, the one time you have a heart..." Scott laughed.

"You're an ass."

Scott's laughter died down, "Just dump him on Monday at school."

"Okay."

"I'm serious."