When I Woke The Fuck Up

I thought of this after listening to 'Woke The Fuck Up' by Jon Bellion. So, yeah, you could check that out while you read if you wish. Or don't. Thats fine by me.

Enjoy

Stiles was nervous to say the least. He finally worked up the nerve to ask his crush out. Except his crush is a big scary werewolf and currently standing in front of him.

"S-so..I uh..um..was sorta like...uh..w-wondering..if m-maybe you...um..maybe you want to..like..h-hang out or something..?" Stiles stuttered getting more embarrassed by the second. "No." Derek responded. "What?" Stiles asked hoping he heard wrong. "I said no." The alpha repeated internally his wolf was whining. "O-okay. Thats cool..it was stupid..to..ask.." Stiles dropped his head before looking at Scott who was sitting in the living room. "I uh..I'm guna go..you coming Scott." He asked. Anyone could see how hurt Stiles was. His best friend knew about his crush on Derek and how long it's taken him to work up the courage to ask him the simple question. Scott nodded getting up.

Stiles bolted out of the loft leaving Scott and Derek facing each other. "You're an ass." Scott spoke up. "So I've been told." Derek turned and walked to the kitched. "You could've been nicer about it." Scott called. "That was me being nice." Derek said pulling a cup out of the cupboard. Scott laughed harshly "yeah sure, get your head out of your ass fast before he moves on." Scott snapped before walking out to see his best friend.

Derek knew his feelings for Stiles, he just didnt want them. His wolf wanted them, his wolf really wanted them. But Derek? He couldn't stand liking Stiles. He couldn't stand the moles scattered across the pale boys body or how his laugh sounded like a choir full of angels. Nope, Derek couldn't stand it and he definitely wouldn't give in to his wolfs wants.

Stiles moped for awhile but was back to his normal cheery self in time for the next pack meeting or at least that's how it seemed. Stiles was laughing and joking with the others and Derek found himself getting lost in Stiles' smile. "Oh my God! Scott! Stop!" Stiles screamed through his laughter as the other was tickling him.

After the pack fought the Berserkers Derek lost his jacket. Derek - his jacket = not okay.

He was grumpy, honestly his jacket was like a mask. He felt tough in the jacket and being tough ment the others respected him. The pack didn't need to know how squishy Derek was inside.

"Uh D-derek?" Stiles walked up behind Derek. The alpha turned around to see Stiles holding his jacket. "I uh..I'm sorry I didn't tell you I took it. It had uh..it had a rip after the fight and it was driving me insane" Stiles chuckled nervously. Aside from his nervousness Derek could tell he was being honest. "Oh..well thanks Stiles." He replied. "Anything for you" Stiles smiled weakly before turning away. In that moment Derek knew he fucked up. His wolf was pissed if that was even a strong enough word to use for it.

Later that night Derek found himself sitting outside of Stiles' window.

"No Scott-" he heard Stiles pacing in his room. He sniffled. "Scott I'm fine." He sighed stopping before pacing again. "I wouldn't be crying if you would stop reminding me of it!" Stiles yelled. "I'm going to bed" he said harshly dropping his phone, at least that's what it sounded like, before storming into his bathroom.

Derek's wolf was whining knowing that Stiles was upset. Pushing up the partially opened window the rest of the way, he climbed inside.

Stiles jumped when he walked out seeing Derek. "What do you want?" He asked wiping his tear stained cheeks. "Are you okay?" Derek asked. "I'm fine." Stiles muttered. "What do you want?" He asked again. "So..I uh.." now it was the alpha's turn to be nervous. "I finally woke the fuck up.." he said. "What are you talking about?" Stiles asked climbing onto his bed. "I realized I need you, I know that sounds so desperate, I know I rejected you and I shouldn't have. I shouldn't have because I need you." He said. Stiles was still crying. He wiped his cheek again "yeah right." He said. "Stiles, I wouldn't come all this way to lie to you." Derek sat across from Stiles and wiped his tears away. "Stiles you're my mate." He blurted finally getting the younger males attention. "What?" He asked. "You're my mate. A-and seeing you crying is literally tearing me apart." Derek whined. "Sorry." Stiles said wiping his face again. "Why are you crying? Is it me?" He asked. Stiles shook his head. "No, it's not just you." Stiles said.

Not just you.

That hurt Derek.

He felt a whine escape his lips which made Stiles chuckle. "I'm just not really doing okay right now. A-and when you said no..that uh..that really hurt. B-but honestly, I knew it was a long shot." Stiles said.

"I love you." Derek said. "I love you so much Stiles. A-and I don't even know why I said no because I beat myself up for it every day after. A-and my wolf has been killing me constantly because of it." Stiles looked up at the wolf in awe. "Then kiss me" he replied. Derek smiled "okay"