I Love You Forever

THIS IS KIND OF SAD AND I DON'T KNOW WHY I DID IT BUT IT'S KINDA LONG TOO AND I CAN'T UPDATE ON SATURDAY BECAUSE I WORK SO THIS IS THE UPDATE FOR THIS WEEK, OKAY GOODBYE, DON'T KILL ME.

The concept was cool. Stiles and Derek both loved the idea of the whole soulmate thing. But what they didn't understand is why it was so difficult finding their soul mate. Starting from the day you are born, betting on the fact that your soulmate is alive, whatever they would write on themselves, would appear on you. It was a very rare thing as of now, much more accepted when the incidents first started happening but when it became and obsession the government spent too much time and too much money finding a way to genetically mutate people so that when they gave birth, the soulmate conspiracy was just that, a conspiracy. Derek's parents had told him that's how they had met. They'd even shown him proof. Stiles' parents had done the same thing. But, they never truly thought that their kids would have a chance to experience it because the shot they were forced to get was supposed to completely eliminate the chances of your children getting the capability of doing it.

So when Stiles woke up for school on his eighteenth birthday, an hour late, to his phone ringing and his dad's picture glaring at him through the phone, he was shocked to see the chicken scratch on the back on his left hand. He shook his head answering his phone with a fast 'sorry my alarm didn't go off' getting a 'happy birthday' and 'get to school' from his father.

He stared at his hand for a few more minutes before pushing himself off his bed and into the bathroom to try and wash it off, only, it wouldn't go away. He smiled softly to himself staring down at the words, 'meeting at 5' written sloppily across his entire hand.

"I have a soulmate."

--

Derek smiled when he'd gotten home and stripped to shower seeing once again another drawing covering most of his leg. He'd know about his soulmate since he turned eighteen and whoever it was seemed to be constantly drawing, on occasion he'd get random notes on his hands, there was a period of time during his senior year he'd always have this stupid game that the younger kids in the middle school would play where they'd write a name on the palm of the other person's hand and a time on the back. If you looked at the name before the time said you could, you had to ask the person out. He always laughed when he thought about that because minutes after it happened the name would get scribbled out.

But now, almost daily he'd have a new drawing somewhere that would get washed off the next morning to be replaced by something new. He saw a black line forming up his arm, he smiled watching as more lines appeared, one after another, soon enough there was a rose on his arm being outlined a few times before his soulmate moved to draw a new section of whatever it is they were drawing.

Maybe one day he'd tell them how much he loved their drawings, but he wasn't even sure if the kid was eighteen yet, knowing he was at least three years younger than him.

--

Derek woke up the next morning to writing on his foot, he laughed reading 'btw I'm eighteen now...'

He pushed himself out of bed and grabbed a pen off of his desk writing just below it. 'Happy Birthday.'

He went about his day, cursing to himself as he forgot about another pile of crap that he had to finish by the end of the day for work. His boss reminding him he also had to speak at the conference at the end of the day. He sighed, giving nothing more than a nod to the man and writing on his wrist before grabbing one of the files and trying to get his work finished.