Darkness Surrounding Me

Lucas
Dustin, Mike, Will and I were standing around the bike racks waiting for will, whilst listening to Dustin talk about how he lost his cat, as much as I've hated to admit it, I miss Max and when I see her I still feel everything I felt before, but I have to respect her choice, if I can't be her boyfriend I can still be a good friend. But I still love her and it hurts..

Max
"If you're late you're skating home kid. Got it?" Billy yelled to overpower how loud he was playing the music. I rolled my eyes and got out of the car, "yep, got it." As soon as I slammed the door he sped off, not even waiting one second. I walked towards the party, when I saw that El wasn't there yet my heart sank, as if there were a hole. Lucas quickly walked over to me and smiled, "Hey Max." I smiled back to him becoming more impatient for El, "Hey, what's up?" I guess he noticed me looking nervous, "what's wrong?"
Its Lucas, he already knows, I can tell him I guess, I looked away from the parking lot, "El." He nodded his head, he almost looked hurt, I don't know, he nodded his head, "oh, cool, okay."

El
Hopper and I just arrived at school, I tried to quickly get out of the car until I felt something on my shoulder, "hey kiddo, 3:15 okay? If I'm not here by 3:30 make someone else take you home." He patted my shoulder, I nodded, "yep, I know hop, you say that everyday." I quickly walked away from the car. I soon found them. I stood next to Max who was talking to Lucas, when Lucas saw me he nudged Max, then all he did was walk away to Dustin, "Hey, Max." She turned to me and smiled, "hey." I couldn't stop staring at her lips, I was biting my lip now, she began to look confused, "oh shit, do I have something on my face?" I still didn't look away from her lips, "no, no, there's nothing wrong with your face, literally." Even though I was staring at her lips I could still see her lips flush a shade of pink, "then why do you keep staring?" She lightly chuckled after, making me feel like less of a creep, I finally looked away from her lips and caught her eyes, which were easy to get lost in, her eyes are a beautiful shade of blue, like the ocean, "no, no reason." She nodded her head, not convincingly, "Well, anyway, El, come with me."
I looked at her confused, "um oka-" she grabbed my hand and started to run, dragging me along with her. When I looked back the first person that stood out was Lucas, it was as if darkness was surrounding him, his smile kept fading, until he looked like he was on the verge of tears, Max tugged my arm, "come on, El."

a/n um I think I might stop this book and start a new one, but idk?