1st Detention

Max
I went Lucas's locker to tell him I couldn't do this afternoon. He is literally going to hate me now. "Hey Lucas." He smiled so wide and happily, "Hey, are you ready to go?" I looked down to the floor, "about that. I'm sorry, I can't do this afternoon because I have detention." His smile faded, "why do you have detention?" I quickly mumbled but he still heard me, "I called someone a bitch." I was not going to tell him I have detention with Eleven. "Oh, um, I guess I'll see you tomorrow." I looked up, "yeah, bye Lucas." I quickly walked away.

El
I really don't want to do this. Mike was being a total douche. I told him I had something on this afternoon so I couldn't go over to his house and he started yelling at me, telling me I never try to have time for him and that I don't put any effort into this relationship because apparently he's the only one that puts effort in, which is complete bullshit. I just got to the principals office, Max already being there. She turned and smiled at me, I didn't smile back, I don't know why I'm being such a bitch to her. This is my fault.

Narrator
The principal stood and said to the girls, "You two will be cleaning the cubical in the women's bathroom with graffiti on the walls, you will not go home until its done." The principal walked out of the office leading the way, as if the girls didn't know where the bathroom was. "Okay, we have all the equipment in the bathroom stall, now go. I will be in my office if you need anything. The girls looked at each other for a few seconds until Max walked into the stall, "Well, we better get started now so we can leave earlier." El was walking towards the stall her head looking down, "right." They both began scrubbing the walls. El slowly turned around to Max so was still cleaning the walls. "Can I ask you something?"

El
I needed advice about Mike and its not like I could ask one of the boys, Max was the only person left. She turned around, "Of course." I began fiddling with the sponge I was holding, "I was supposed to hang out with Mike this afternoon, when I told him I couldn't go anymore he started yelling at me saying things like I never try to make time for him and that I don't put any effort into this relationship because apparently he's the only one that puts effort in. I just don't know what to do." Max came a bit closer to me. I began to feel the butterflies in my stomach again, "Mike's a piece of shit." I looked shocked at what she said and she continued talking, "think about it, I don't want you guys to break up and stuff but I'm just going to give you advice, if he really cared about you, he wouldn't have yelled at you and make you feel like shit. He treated you like garbage, you should treat him like garbage. He needs to apologize to you, and until he does that he doesn't exist to you." I looked confused, "doesn't exist?" Max sighed, "not literally, just give him time, see how he deals with this." I smiled at her, "Thanks." She began to look nervous, "Can I also ask you something?" My smile faded, shit, "um, sure." She stared at the ground, "why do you hate me so much?"

Sorry I didn't realise how long this chapter is