Its just a phase, right?

El
Whilst I was crying into my pillow, I began to hear a noise until, I finally made out some words, "El, are you there? We need to talk." It was Max I don't know whether to respond or not. I leaned over my bed and grabbed the walkie talkie from the floor, "Yes, over." I said, my voice shaking.

Max
I didn't actually know why I radioed her, but she actually replied, "I'm sorry for what I did-" I was cut off by Billy yelling in the next room, "Maxine! Your Mother wants you!" I could hear the anger in his voice. I quickly turned off the walkie talkie.

El
Okay. I don't even know what just happened, She was in the middle of talking and then she just stopped, cut signal from me. I felt bad, she thinks I didn't like it, she thinks I didn't like her, I don't know how to fix this, how to talk to her. I guess it makes sense now. I hated her because I hated myself, I was jealous because I thought Mike liked her. But I was the one who liked her. I can't though, if people find out I'm gay, I.. I can't tell anyone, its probably just a phase anyway, right?

I'm Sorry for calling her sexuallity a phase, I'm not one of those people, I just mean that she hopes its a phase so she doesn't get made fun of for being gay. I'm really sorry.