Only you would listen

El
When I saw Max at school I felt different. Even though barely anything happened last night, I still felt... Different.

Max
Shit, I can see El at her locker. She looks like she is lost in a train of thoughts. Max, you can do this. Why am I so nervous? Its El, not Lucas or some guy. I walked up to her locker, leaning on the locker next to hers, "Hey, El."

El
Shit, shit, shit, shit, "Hey Max." She looked, lost on what else to say, buy she finally managed to think of something, "You ready for detention this afternoon?" I smiled at her, "Completely, so happy to be scrubbing the walls." I said sarcastically, getting a laugh from her. Her facial expression soon changed to one I couldn't read, "Out of everyone, why did you ask me for advice about Mike?" What do I even say to that? I can't say, oh, you were last resort, but maybe I also asked her because she's a girl... I couldn't ask the boys, they wouldn't care, "Because, you, because, I'm sorry for what I'm about to say, I couldn't ask any of the boys, they wouldn't care, I thought that you would be the only person that would actually listen."

Max
She technically said I was last resort, but I still felt... wanted. I smiled at her replying with an "Okay." I finished the conversation, "Well, I'm going to head to class." I began walking away, all I can think about is El, why do I feel better when I'm with her than what I do with Lucas?