I have a reason

Max
Now my mother is even telling me not to see Lucas and as mean as it sounds, I'm just glad I finally have a reason to break up with him, I mean I did before but now... Even though we're not dating, well I don't think, I'm  pretty sure he tells people we are. I grabbed my skateboard and quickly left the house going to Lucas's.

El
I stood from my bed, walking to the phone and dialed Max's number, a man with a deep voice answered, "hello?" I began to get nervous, "Um, hi. Is Max there?"
"She just left." Where would she even go? "Do you know where?"
"I don't give a shit where she is."
"Um, okay." I quickly hung up the phone. I yelled, that way Hopper would hear me, "I'm going to Starcourt!"
"Okay, kid." I hopped on my bike and began riding as fast as I could to get there. I kept looking around the mall like a lost puppy until I had searched 5 times and gave up.

Max
After a while I finally made it to Lucas's and knocked on his door. When the door was opened a short girl who looked around ten years old was there, "Who are you?" She had stubbornness in her voice, "I'm max. Is Lucas here?" She turned and began to yell, "Lucas!! Your nerdy friend is at the door!" I saw him coming out of his room, frustrated, "Shut up Erica!" She shrugged and walked off, he looked shocked when he saw me, "Hey, what's up?" I looked down to the ground, "We need to talk." He looked worried.