Killing Me

Max
I am now lying on the couch in Will's house and all I can think about is El, The fact that I have to see her. Smile at her, be stuck in detention with her. I can't see her without blushing and I kissed her, she's not gay, she has a boyfriend, I fucked up.

El
I completely give up, I've been looking for her forever and I still need to do my homework. All I want to do is just tell her I like her too, If I tell her at school someone could hear, if someone hears notes might appear in my locker telling me I'm a fag and to go die. I can't have that happen, of that happened Hopper would eventually find out, which no. Never.

The Next Day

El
When I got to school I began to walk to over to where the party usually meets in the morning. When I got there everyone was there, Max too.

Max
El appeared out of the corner, looking beautiful as usual, when she looked over at me I quickly stared at the ground, I could feel my cheeks heating up and butterflies in my stomach. She went over to Mike, thank god. Will looked over to me, confused,"Is everything okay between you and El?" Nope, nothing is okay between us, I can't say that though, "yeah why wouldn't it be?" He squinted his eyes, "As soon as she walked over you stared at the ground." Shit, why is he so observant? "No, I was just thinking about something, I didn't notice her walk in." He just nodded his head, I could tell he wasn't convinced. I looked over at Mike and El, holding hands, gross.

El
I'm holding Mikes hand and I feel nothing. Whenever Max and I accidentally touch I feel my body tingle and I begin to blush, but when I hold Mikes hand I don't feel any of that. I don't feel it when he kisses me after. I have to tell Max how I feel about her, its killing me to keep it a secret.

A/n sorry for how slow this is going, in the next chapters though things might get heated (?) Sorry