Chapter 42: Graduation

Awww (': I hope you guys enjoyed reading the story. I can't say how grateful and happy to finish this story. Love you all. 

Chapter 42: Graduation

               I was sitting down with the rest of my senior class; I feel my hands shaking and my armpits sweating.

                    Oh Shit  

                    I turn around to see my parents staring as the principal as he makes a welcome speech and introduces the flag. Everyone stands to salute and then we all sit down. We were sitting in alphabetical order, with my last name being a G and Beth’s being a D we were about two rows away from each other. I could see her from where I was sitting and she some times turned around to look at me. “I feel like I have to throw up.” She mouthed. I shake my head, “Please don’t.”

                    Earlier

                    “Where’s Adam?” I asked Beth.

                    We were at her house, and she was freaking out about Adam’s absence. “He was supposed to be here ten minutes ago!” She yells. Her mom was doing her hair, so when she moved, Tia pinched her ear. “No te muevas.” Beth frowns and stays still. “I’m sure he just running a little late for a good reason.”  I tell her. I had my dress on that I was going to wear under my cap and gown. It was a light pink sweetheart dress that stopped to my knees and puffed out at the end. I really adored it when we were shopping for it, and I felt confident and sexy in this dress.

                    When the doorbell rings Beth screams for me to see who it is. I go to the door and see Adam holding a big bouquet of flowers. He turns around, but stops when it’s me. “Hey.” He said blushing.  “Beth is back there waiting for you.” I said. He thanks me and walks back to her. I close the door and lean against it.

                    “What are you doing?” My mother asked. My parents were also at the house. They were outside helping Beth’s dad with something while we were all inside getting ready. “Nothing.” I answered back. She raises her eyebrow at me, giving me a weird look. “Are you okay?” I nod, “I think so.” She comes up to me and hugs me tight.

                    “I’m going to miss you kiddo.” I hear her sniffle and we let go. “Mom please don’t cry. You’re going to make me cry.” I take a deep breathe to stop the water works. “How can I not when my baby is leaving me to go to England for a year.” She whispers that last part.

                    I hadn’t told anyone my decision yet. Why I was keeping it a secret, I don’t know, but it was my safety right now. If I backed out, it won’t matter.

                    “It’s going to be okay Mom.”  I reassured her. “You’re right. Now hurry up and get your shoes on so we can take your picture.”

~~~

                    Present

               The principal called the first name. “Gage Abe” As he walked up, he grabbed his diploma, and shook the principal’s hand, everyone clapped and cheers him on. So on and so on names were called and the knot in my stomach never disappeared.

                    As they were getting closer to Beth’s name I saw her wipe her hands on her gown. Adam was sitting three people down from me, and he would glance at her then at me and laugh. “She looks like she’s going to sh*t.” He said to me. “I know.” I laugh. “Beth Delgadillo.” They said. Beth gets up and smiles wide. Everyone claps, while Adam and I stand up and cheer really loud. “Go Beth!” I yelled. “Go babe, I love you!” Adam cheers. Everyone awes at Adam and cheers more when she shakes hands and walks away.