Chapter 9: Karaoke Bar

I finally updated :) Here you go!

Chapter 9:  Karaoke Bar

The guy on the stage was beyond hot. He looked great with long brown hair and a great smile, His voice was ever better. "Oh My, and he can sing. I need to get his number." Beth said. She began to walk towards the stage and sat at the table right in front of him. I laughed, "She doesn't stop when it comes to boys does she."

I turned around and ended up seeing no one. "April?" I looked around. She was talking to the bar guy. I go over there and make sure she is okay. "I hope you're not over here drinking." I whisper to her. She turns and smiles, "Of course not, I'm drinking soda and chatting with Josh over here. He has a kid himself and doesn't need another from some random chick." She said. I laugh, "Alright, well I'm going to be by Beth, if you need anything." She nods and I walk away.

Beth was giving the singer guy googley eyes. "How's it going over here flirty?" I jokily say to her. She turns her head and looks at me. "Nothing I'm just looking at his fine guy." She says. "Mmm... do you even know what he is singing?" I asked her, knowing she wouldn't know. "No, but whatever it is, he's doing amazing." I shake my head laughing.

He finishes and everyone claps. He winks at the crowd and Beth smiles. Somehow she catches his eye and he blows her a kiss. I shake my head in disbelief. "How do you do it?" I wonder. She smiles at him again and turns to me. "I don't know," She stands up. "I'm going to go get his number."

She leaves me alone at the table. I sigh. Another dude come up on the stage and starts to speak. "Thank You Austin, Alright The next act is taking a little more time so as we wait for them to perform, can we get a singer up here? Is there anyone who can sing? Anyone who wants to?" He says. Everyone was shouting to get picked, while I just put my head down. "You." I heard him say.

I look up and look around. He was getting down and it looked like he was walking towards the girl that was on the other side of me. I turn to look at her, but she was facing me. Why is she looking at me? She's the one getting picked. "You, you look like you can sing, come on up." I turn my head and see the guy from the stage. At first I just sit there, and everyone is staring at me so I brace myself. If I sound like shit, I'm never doing this again.

"What is your name?" He asked. He had curly black hair that sat on his head mini afro; light skin and a nice smile. "Nia." I muttered. "Alright Nia, pick a song and sing it. I hope I was right about you." He passed me a song list book, gave me a thumbs up, and walked away.

Gosh why did I agree to do this? I thought as the music started to play.

The song was a common song that everyone knew. The crowd began to sing along and as the rest of the song went on the rush of this was amazing. By the end of  the song the crowd went wild. I bowed. "Wow, Thank You Nia! That was great, who else thinks so?" The guy from earlier said. They hollered and clapped. Someone yelled Encore, and it began to be shouted by everyone. "Hey Hey Hey, No can do. The next act is finally ready." He says. I step down from the stage and bump into someone. "Oh I'm sorry." I look up and see a blonde girl with a guitar strapped to her body. "You're fine. You were good up there by the way." She says. I thank her and return to my seat. Beth has not come back, I realize. "Please tell me she did not run off with that singer dude." I mumble to myself. I text her, maybe she will pick up her phone.

The blonde girl I bumped into ended up being the next singer. She sang a country song and was pretty good. After about ten minutes of not seeing Beth, I decide that I needed to find her.

I was about to get up when someone grabbed my arm. "Nia." I turn around and it was just April. "Oh shit April you scared me. Whats up?" She rubbed her eyes. "I am getting kind of tired and that soda is making me have major indigestion so...Where's Beth?" She looks around. I shrug, "I don't know. I'm about to go look for her. " She shrugs. "Well alright let's go find her before I explode." We start to walk towards the back.