Chapter 6: Meanie

Chapter 6, Here we go!

Chapter 6: Meanie

I woke up today having the same feeling as yesterday. There was nothing new. I got up, brushed my teeth, got dressed and unbraided my hair while I walked to the kitchen. I ruffled my hair into an acceptable style and got a granola bar. "Honey, what are you doing up so early, Beth isn't coming." Mom said as she came in the kitchen to get a drink of coffee. "Uh? What do you mean she's not co—that's when I saw her pass my car keys to me and I remembered.

"Oh My Gosh," I jump up and grab the keys, running to the door. "Oh My Gosh, Oh My Gosh. My car, its outside?" I turned to her just to make sure. "Yes, I thought we had this conversation yesterday." She laughs, "Yesterday was a troubling day mother. I was out of it by the time we got home." I told her. She nods, "I understand, that Aiden boy he—"What?" I interrupted her. "Mom I don't know what you're talking about, I have to go. Bye!" I quickly yell that last part.

I get in the car and inhale the pine smell. I start it up, drive out of my driveway, and on the road to school. I decide I deserved a little breakfast treat so I pull into the nearest coffee place. I go in and see too many people. There's a man hastily talking to someone on his phone about files, and a lady wrestling with her kid to be still. And there is the common couple fondling over each other and waiting in line. I scoff; those people must be newlyweds or something. "Next." I heard.

I took a step forward; I was behind the man talking on the phone. He was giving an order, while trying to talk to the person. He finally leaves and I order just a  Chai Tea, and move on. I was about to turn around when some guy bumped into me. Making me spill a little of my drink on him and on the floor. "Woah," I look up and see a random guy. He had brown hair and brown eyes, and had on an apron with a name tag that read 'Alec'

"My drink." I whine when I see it spilled over this guy. "My shirt." He mocks. "Well Alec, you should watch where you going." I look at him. "Well..." He trails off, trying to get my name. "Nia." I answer. He nods, "Well Nia, since you don't seem concerned about my maybe third degree burn from your hot drink, then have a nice day." He says.

I turn around, but then curse myself, because that was rude, but I was being rude also. I turn back around and see him grabbing napkins. "Hey, I'm sorry." I say to him. He turns around and smiles, "No, I'm sorry. Can I buy you another one?" He points to my half-filled tea. I shake my head. "No, thank you. I'm now in a rush to go to school." I reply.

I have finally arrived and headed to my locker. Surprisingly I don't see Aiden this morning, which made me wonder. "Nia Marie Gardson! Where have you been?" I hear Beth shout. She comes up to me and slaps my arm. "Hey, what the hell." I turn to her. "What the hell? Where were you this morning?" She said again. I rub my arm, "First of all, don't hit me, and second I went to get a drink and I had a mishap."

I tell her about spilling the drink. "Oh, so he worked there? So he had to be like what nineteen? Twenty?" She guesses. I close my locker and we walk to our classes. "Uh yeah I guess, but he was nice." "Was he cute?" She asked. I shrug my shoulders. "Yeah kind of, why?" She smiled deviously. "You know I love coffee, I should stop by tomorrow." I shake my head laughing. "Beth, you don't even like coffee like that." She waves me off. "They have little breakfast sandwiches too, I can get one of those and be like you. Accidentally spill my food on him." She puts quotations around 'accidentally'.

"I didn't accidentally spill my drink on him. He bumped into me and it spilled." I defend. "Mm, Miss I don't flirt with guys because I don't need any male specimen in my life." I shake my head. My class was in sight, I wave bye to Beth and go in.

An hour passed and it was time for Life Skills class. I was first to sit at the table. Sitting by myself, I felt the seat next to me move. April stood there smiling. "April Hey," I surprisingly said. "Someone is already sitting here." I apologetically tell her. She shrugs her shoulders. "Oh Well, when they gets here I'll just move." She calmly says. "What happened yesterday?" She asked.

"We talked about our upcoming assignments and got to know our partners, we have to be with them for the rest of the year and my partner is—"A sexy blonde with blue eyes and a big d—I stop him right there, before he could continue. "Aiden you are disgusting." He laughs. I frown at him. April turns around and her eyes widen. "Oh he's your partner." She looks at me. I slowly nod. "Sadly yes." She gets up and moves out the way so Aiden could sit down. He gives me that famous smirk and turns to give April a smile.

"I see Nia isn't as friendless as I thought she was." He says to her. I glare at him hard "I have plenty of friends you meanie." He laughs as ignores my expression. "Meanie? See she is always being mean to me." He tells her. She laughs. I scoff, "Oh hush, you are always being so cocky every time we are together." He looks at me and shakes his head. "Oh really, was I yesterday? Braids," He looks at my hair and smiles. "That is nice by the way." I roll my eyes, not saying anything. April laughs again and sits down at the little table next to ours. Mrs. Xavier comes in and class officially starts

We talked about our future projects including the baby one. I groaned every time she said we would have to care for the baby together like we were a real couple having a child. I sometimes glanced at Aiden and would see him getting gooey eyes from girls in the class. They would whisper and giggle about how hot he was and he would turn around and look at them in a way that would make any girl squirm.

"You are just egging them on." I whisper to him. "You want me to look at you like that?" He teases. I shake my head. "No, no I don't want you look at me like, and if you do I'll poke your eyes." He laughs. "Nia, Nia, Nia, I want you to know that your threats don't work on me, they only make you more appealing." I put my hand to my heart and pretend to feel heartfelt. "Aww you find me appealing? That would be cute if I cared."

I paused for a second; I couldn't believe I said that. What is this dude doing to me? "Look I'm sorry, can you just pay attention?" I breathe. He looks at me with this look that I don't understand. He finally turns to face straight. "Anything for you Meanie."

  Don't Forget to Comment, Vote, And Share this story. (;