Chapter 1: The Meeting

I woke up from the sound of my annoying alarm. Six 0'clock in the morning will be the death of me. I slowly make my way out of the bed and to the bathroom. The bright light blinds me for a second. "Oh My." I mumble. I do my morning routine, go to my closet, and pick out an outfit. It's the first week back from summer break and I already miss waking up late.

I look in the mirror at myself. I admired my dark natural hair and brown eyes, and wondered what to do with my hair. I play around with it, but just leave it down. I'm ready by seven and before I walk out I check my pocket for my phone. I go back and see it under my bed. I'm a wild sleeper. Its starts to vibrate in my hands, indicating that I got a text. I look down and see it's from Beth, My best friend.

Come Outside You Bum.

Before I close the front door I see the note reminding me that Mom had to leave early so she could pick up my car from the shop. I'm out the door and Beth honks when she sees me. "Hey! Stop, it's too early for that mess." She laughs and I heard the doors unlock. I get in the passenger's seat and buckle up. Beth drives off and we begin to head down the street back to hell—I mean School.

"So what's up," She asked. I shake my head, nothing. "You've got to be kidding me? You haven't done anything since I left for Puerto Rico like a month ago?" Beth is Puerto Rican, and leaves every summer to visit her family out there. We spend all our time together at the beginning of the summer, but I always end up doing nothing after while she's gone. "I didn't just sulk because my best friend was travelinv," I say. She glances at me. "I went to the library and to Texas with my parents. And I did some volunteering." I tell her.

She sighs, "This is why you need me in your life babe, because I am the influencer and you are easy to influence." She says. "Oh yeah, how am I not on drugs by now." I joke. "Cause, I don't do drugs, I drink." I roll my eyes. "Even better." I watch her profile scrunch as she laughs.

We pull up to school and I suddenly get nerves. Why? I don't know. We park and I get out. I see everyone that I've known for most of my life, and I still have that feeling. I turn to see Beth walking over to someone and I realize it's her cousin Bronx.

"Hey there's my other girl Nia." He says as I come over. "Hey Bronx." I say. "You look great as always." He compliments me. "Thanks, I needed that." I smile. "Oh stop hitting on my best friend." I heard Beth say. I laugh. We go inside the school and cool air refreshes me. Everyone is scattered everywhere and it's like a big reunion. Unfortunately I was not fond of reunions. "I'm going to go find my locker." I turn around and tell them. They nod and I walk away.

I find locker and put my stuff inside of it. Giggles and loud talking behind me makes me turn around to see three girls looking in the direction of the door. Coming in is some guy that I've never seen before. His blonde hair and icy blue eyes smile at everyone. The girls squeal loud. I plug my ears.

I see him walking over here by me and I suddenly stiffen. "Oh Lord." He stopped in front of me and just looks. "Hello." I speak first. I got good look at him. His chin was chiseled in a sexy way, his eyes were quite tempting and his presence already made me feel something. He is quite attractive. He looks me up and down in an unexplainable way. He turns around and winks at the girls staring at him. Oh, so he's that kind of guy. A player.

"Can I help you with something?" I ask. He turns back around and opens the locker on the left of mine. "Nope, I guess were locker neighbors." He said. I close my locker and wave. "Okay Bye." I try to walk away, but he stops me, "Hey! Wait!" I slowly turn around on my heel. "Yes?" I sternly say. "What's your name?" He asked in a seductive tone.

I roll my eyes, this guy is going to be too much, I can tell. "Nia, you?" He shuts his locker. "Aiden." He answers with a smirk. "Great..." I trail off. "I see you're a tough nut to crack," I raise a brow. "Anyway where is Ms. Lassen's class?" He asked. "Lassen, I'll walk you there I have the class next to it." I heard a girl say. It's Leah Madison, and she is giving him this look like she wants to do more than walk him to class. She was a tanned skin girl that flipped her brown hair and battes her hazel blue eyes at lota of guys. If she wanted him, then take him. He turns and smirks. "Alright." She smiles at him and loops her arm around his. I roll my eyes again and move on.