Chapter 20: Afterwards

Double Update Tonight! Its late and I'm tired. So its not Edited yet. So I'm sorry. Enjoy! Btw this one is probably short, but don't worry the next one is long. 

Chapter 20: Afterwards

    “Do you guys want something to drink?” Adam asked. I shook my head, while Aiden nodded. “You got some beer?” I grab his arm. “No, you need to be sober when you talk to your parents.” He ignores me, turning back around. “Nah man we don’t sorry.” Aiden stomps off annoyed. It was just me and Adam left in the kitchen. “So Adam? What is up with you and Beth?” I asked. He smirks, “We’re—“dating!” I heard. Beth comes in and hugs Adam. I smiled, “Aww, you guys are cute.” And they were, I thought. Beth was a good looking and so was Adam. They were a cute couple. “I’m happy for you guys.” I hugged Beth.

    “Now we just need my boy and you together.” Adam says. I look at him, “What?” He gets a soda and drinks it. “You heard me, Nia I know he likes you. If he just quit messing around with them hoes at our school he could actually prove it.”

         “Who feels like watching a movie?” I try to change the subject. “You know he talks about you a lot.” Adam looks at me laughs. “I’ll leave you guys to talk.” Beth leaves, not before smacking my butt. “Oh really?” I lean against the counter. “Yeah, he says all this stuff like Oh Nia is this or Nia is that?” He points at me and smirks. “He likes you, and I hope you like him back. Because I know, you know about his family and stuff. He needs someone to care about other than me or Brenda, Ash, and Avery.” He seriously says.

    “I do, I care about him more than I thought I would. And I—“Quit talking about me.” Aiden comes in and looks at both of us. “Aint nobody talking about yo ass.” Adam jokes. Aiden shakes his head and leans against the counter next to me. “Your friend wants to watch Frozen.” Adam laughs, shaking his head. “She was trying to get me watch it before you guys came. I told her no, because my little sisters watch that shit constantly.”

       “Just let her watch it. You know  Momma Lone would throw a fit over you treating your girl wrong.” Aiden points out. “Well momma is asleep and don’t you wake her up.” Adam warns him. Aiden runs out the kitchen and Adam chases him up the stairs. “Damnit Aiden!” Adam yelled. I go in the living room and see Beth holding the DVD for Frozen. “Did you know his mom was here?” I asked her. I sat on the couch by her. “Yeah, but she was sleep so it was like she wasn’t here.”  I look at her and think for a second, “Tell me you guys like didn’t do anything while she was here?” She shakes her head immediately. “No Girl that would be awkward.” I shrugged, “I just wanted to know.”

    “You are tripping man.” Adam and Aiden come in. Aiden was smiling, while Adam looked upset. A woman followed behind them. “Nia!” His mom holds out her hands to hug me. I’ve met Momma Lone before, when Adam and I went to school together. I get up and hug her. “Hi Momma Lone.” She hugs me tight.

     Momma Lone was a 40 years old white woman with three kids, Adam’s dad is in the Military so he’s not here often. “Now go ahead sweetie put in Frozen.” She tells Beth. Beth smiles wide at her, and puts the movie in. Adam was standing beside his mom pouting. “You can watch it again, it won’t kill you. Now join your friends on the couch and spend time with them.” His mom demands. Aiden was chuckling as Adam went to sit down next to Beth. “I’m going back to my room. Don’t make a lot of noise.”

       “Do you want to build a snowman?” Beth and I sing. “Beth who sings that song?” Adam asked. “Anna.” Beth answered. “Well keep it that way.” Beth was lying on Adam’s lap; she flicked him on the ear when he said that. He laughed, “I was joking.” He wraps his arm around her so she won’t fall. I laugh at them.