Chapter 19: Mr. and Mrs. Thomas

Ooooo, this chapter is long. I hope you enjoy it. (: By the way, School starts on Tuesday for me. I'm gonna be a freshmen also,  What about you guys? When does your school start? And what grade are you going into? 

Chapter 19: Mr. and Mrs. Thomas

     Aiden was taking care of the baby while I finished up with Bronx. Beth helped him when I couldn't. I groaned when I heard the little fake child cry. I stand up and go to my room. "What is wrong?" I asked irritated. Beth was holding the baby, but it was still crying. Aiden wasn't in the room, so I just take the baby from her and rocked it in my arms. Its cries were stressing me out already. "Did you feed her?" I asked Beth. She nods, "Did you burp?" She nods again. "Just try again; maybe I wasn't patting hard enough." She suggested. I place the baby on my shoulder, supporting the head and pat its back a couple of times. Finally a burp came out of the baby and it quiets down. I sighed, as it makes this satisfied cooing noise.  I hold the baby in my arms and leave the room to find Aiden. I find him in the backyard, talking on the phone.

     I pull back the sliding door and go outside. He doesn't notice me at first, so I just stare at him. His face appeared was calm, but the tone in his voice told me other wise. "Alright, I guess. I don't fucking understand them, but I will see you when I get home. Okay bye Brenda." He hangs up and turns around, stopping when he sees me.

     "I see Kyle likes you." He smirks; I look down at the baby and smile. "I just got her to be quiet, she cries a lot." I sigh. I grab a chair from the little table that we have outside and sit down. He joins me at the table, sighing. "I know, but I learned a trick, there are two different cries she makes. When she needs her diaper changed she cries first then lets out a little cough. And when she's hungry it will sound like wailing." I remember the sound she was making did sound like she was wailing. "Well that's great. Makes it a little bit easier." He nods, and holds out his hands to hold her. I watch him rock the baby in his arms; minutes later it starts to make silent snoring noises.

    "Thank Goodness." I praise. "You know I did this when Avery when she was little. Rocking her always made her fall asleep." I smile at him. "She's lucky you have her." I place my hand on his shoulder. He looks at me for second, before breaking eye contact. "My parents want to have a 'family dinner' tomorrow night," He says annoyed. "I really don't want to fucking go, but Brenda is making me." He rolls his eyes. "What do you think is going to happen?" I silently ask.

     He shrugs, "Some bullshit, about why they came back, and how lovely their children are." I shake my head. "I'm sorry you have to go." He waves me off. "It wouldn't matter either way, because they expect me to act like they didn't leave and just come back. I should act like a good boy and be nice to them and not back talk them." He puts on a snobby person impression.

     "Mom will ask about school and Dad will ask about how football is going. I'll tell him that its fine and he'll say that it shouldn't be fine it should be perfect. And I'll roll my eyes and my mother will frown at me for doing so. Avery and Ashlynn will talk about themselves then my parents will act like they care and the dinner will be over. Three or five weeks later we'll go back to the same fucking routine." He frowns. I slowly take the baby from him and go inside to put it in the car seat. I put a blanket around the baby and turn off the light.

    Going back outside I see Aiden texting someone. "Hey what if I said I will come with you." I blurt out.

He turns to look at me, frowning. "Why would you do that?"

I shrug, "Because I can be there for support, and I've already met your sisters and Brenda, why not your parents too?"

 "No, it's a bad idea." He shuts me down.