Chapter 32: Halloween Part 2

             I woke up the next morning and checked my phone. I expected a message from Aiden, seeing as he didn’t seem okay when I dropping him at home. Adam was telling me how he didn’t feel well and how he was mumbling his words. I wasn’t mad, I just hoped he would be up when I was going to go by and get him to be ready to go. We had to leave late at night, so we had all day. I called him, but he didn’t answer. Getting up I dress in some sweats and a hoodie, and go in the kitchen. My parents were gone, but they would be back in time to say goodbye. I was scared, but excited to go. It was my first time on a plane and I was glad Aiden wad gonna be there.

           I decide to go get some coffee and bring it to Aiden. I try to call him again and it dials a couple times before he answers. “Hey baby.” I said. At first he didn’t reply, but I heard him shuffling and then he finally said something, “Nia.” He groans. “Hangovers suck don’t they?” He doesn’t respond so I just move on. “I’m gonna go to Dunkin Donuts, do you want something?” He tells me he’s gonna be right back.

       I heard his quick breaths before he picked up the phone again. “I don’t matter, just come by please.” He begged. “Sure honey, I’ll be there in a little.” I hang up.

~~~

        I didn’t even have to knock; when I pulled in he opened the door for him. I close my car door and look at him. His ruffled blonde hair and his shirtless body and his low waist sweats. Yesterday when I had that costume on I felt confident for some reason. It made me feel like a new person, and that was gave an adrenaline rush. But that rush soon crashed when I got home. I was exhausted and fell asleep, and I was planning to go back to Aiden’s to take care of him. “I’m sorry about last night.” I said.

        His eyes widen. “What do you mean?” I walk in and follow him up to his room. I was sipping on my drink and was about to sit on the bed but He stops me. “No Nia stop!” He yells. He pulls me up by the arms and sits down. “What is wrong?” I asked. He puts his head down and covers his face, “Nia.”  I put my drink down, prepared to comfort him. “Baby tell me what is wrong.” I wrap my arms around him. “You can tell me.” I rub his back. I feel his back move up and down and I hear him sniffle. Was he crying?

    “Baby why are you crying?” I asked in concern. He looks up and his eyes were glossy and red. I step back as he rises up. “I did something.” He says. I look at him confused, “What did you do?”

And what came next made my insides boil with rage. And with every word he spoke about it, made me burn with sadness and anger.

He said that Willow drugged him

That Willow came in here

And that she touched him.

They touched in a way that he was supposed to touch me.  

Thinking about it made the vision I had become all too real.

I can’t.

I can’t.

         I didn’t remember crying, but I realized I was when Aiden ran his hand across my eyes. I wanted to curl up into him, but I couldn’t.  I step back and look into his eyes. “I know it wasn’t your fault,” I caressed his cheek. “But I don’t know what to say. That it was okay and that I should just ignore it?” A tear dropped from his blue eyes and I felt my heart crumble slowly. “I can’t do that. For some fucking reason I can’t get this out of my head.” He pulls me to him and hugs me tight.