Chapter 39: New Year's

Chapter 39: New Year’s

               Two Months Later…

                    Aiden and I have not been able to keep our hands off each other. Every time we were alone, it either led to sex, or a heavy makeout. However that wasn't everything we did. We continued to go out, and have random lunch dates. During school we would sometimes go off campus and go to a tea place. Anything that Aiden wanted to do, I was up for it. Our love was even stronger now and I couldn't get enough of him.

                    Throughout my time spent with Aiden, I never got so caught into him that I forgot about my friends. Beth and I occasionally had a girl’s night and hung out at her house. She screamed for joy when I told her that Aiden and I had sex. She asked if we used a condom and I said yes. I loved Aiden, but I was not ready to be a mother now. April was ready, and that’s what makes her a good mom. Me? I am not. I wasn't even for sure if I passed my ACT yet. This was around the time they gave you your results, and I was scared.

                    Over Christmas, Aiden came over my house and we passed out presents. He got two from my mom, which was underwear and socks, and one from me. I got him some shoes that he pointed out to me while we were shopping one day. Later on that day, I went to his house, and received presents from his mother and Brenda.

                    His father was there for the first half, but then had to leave to go somewhere. While he was there, I wanted to thank him for surprisingly defending me during the Willow Thing. If he hadn't shown up and taken my side, I don’t know where Willow would be.

                    However I never found the time to thank him.

~~~

                    Aiden's family were throwing a New Year’s party at their house.  So I helped them out, to be nice. When the Thomas' threw a party, they went big. Everything was decorated in gold, and the numbers 2015 were everywhere. When we were all done, Aiden took me home to put on the dress I planned to wear. We get to my house and he talks to my parents while I go up and get ready.

                    I pick up the simple maroon dress I bought like last week, and slip it on. And add a gold necklace and a matching maroon colored flower crown to complete the outfit. I leave my hair down, and look in the mirror. “You look sexy babe.” I heard Aiden’s voice say. He comes towards me and hugs me from behind. We look at each other in the mirror, with his head on my shoulder. I loved how different we looked, how his tan arms went around my brown ones, and his beautiful blue eyes contrasted with mine. He kisses my cheek and sits down on the bed.

                    “I want to tell you this, before my dad tells everyone at the party.”

                    I turn around and look at Aiden. “What? What’s wrong? Did something happen? Is your mom pregnant? Oh my gosh are your parents getting a divorce?”

                    I didn't tell anyone, but while I was helping Aiden’s family set up, I overheard his dad talking to someone on the phone. I had no idea, who or what he was talking about until he said, “I am telling you Debra, when Aiden leaves for the scholarship, and the kids get out of school, I am going to leave Cheyenne and we can be together.” I was shocked, but then I was not. Aiden’s dad was never around when I was there. His mom would be, but not his dad. Whoever Debra is, that would explains his absence.

                    “Why would they be getting a divorce?” He asked. At first I didn't say anything, scared that maybe his dad is going to tell his family. And not be shady like I think and man up. But knowing Aiden’s parents, he will probably not. I hesitate at first, but just give in.