Chapter 8: Pretend Marriage

Finally! Here you go, Chapter 8 :)

Chapter 8: Pretend Marriage

  Three weeks has passed since the first day of school. Everyone has gotten used to each other, and it was better. I woke up one day in a very good mood; it was working until Aiden came in and pushed my buttons. That day he deliberately made a move on me and asked me to go somewhere with him. Of course I declined. Until I found out I have to hang out with him or my grade would drop.

Flashback

I sat next to Aiden and watched as Mrs. Xavier showed us something on the board. I was paying attention until Aiden nudged me. "Nia." He whispers. I ignore him, trying to concentrate on the teacher. He nudges me again and I ignore him another time. "Nia I know you hear me." He whispers. I groan. Will he leave me alone? He nudges me again and I snap my head in his direction. "What Aiden. What?"

"Look at this picture." He shows me his phone. Are you serious? I thought. "Why, why would I look at a picture in the middle of class?" I whisper back at him, irritated. He shrugged. "Just look." He swipes left and shows me a picture of him with some girl who had her cleavage out. "Oh my gosh are kidding me is that what you wanted to show me?" He shakes head, laughing. "No, I wanted to show you this." He swipes again, showing me another picture. It was a flyer about some concert in the park. "What about it?" I shrugged.

I was looking at the teacher again. "Before the project, you will be fake married. Your marriage will show how you guys get along before you prepare to share the baby," Said Mrs. Xavier. People groan around the room. "I know you all are probably best buddies, and this wouldn't be any different, but I see some of you need some more help learning to be around each other."

She looks at Aiden and I's table and smiles.

"So the pretend marriages will start next Monday. When you guys come in we will confirm your marriages and you will log the time you spent with your 'spouse'," She moves onto another topic.I groan.

I have to hang out with Aiden and log about it.

Maybe I can just lie.

"So I'll see you at the concert?" Aiden speaks. I turn to him. "What?" He smirks. "The concert in the park," He says again. "I'll pick you up at 3 on Saturday." I shake my head. "No, I didn't agree to that." I argued. That smirk stayed on his lips, "You didn't have to, Spouse."

The bell rings and my life officially got complicated.

Present

"And now I have to go to the concert with him." I say as Beth,April, and I sat in my room at the end of that day. Beth shakes her head. "If you don't go I'll go." She said. I narrow my eyes, shaking my head at her. "No, we have to pretend to be married and log the times we spent together." Beth smacks her lips, "Well Damn, why am I not in this class? I could use a date with a hot guy to a concert in the park." We all laugh. "Who's your partner April?" I asked. She shrugs, "Some guy named James." She muttered. We looked at her. "Whats wrong?" I asked. She seemed distracted all today. "Are you sure, is there something wrong with the baby?" I ask her. She shakes her head. "Um...no it's just that I got a call from Luke and he wants to um...see me." She whispered. My eyes widened. "Luke?" I questioned. She nodded. "Wait, who's Luke?" Beth asked. She looks down before answering. "He's my baby's father."

We look at her with surprise faces. "Oh...Oh so he wants to see you. Is that good or bad?" I cautiously ask. She silently nods. "Bad, he um, he—"Girls!" My mom comes in and interrupts. She stops, "April's mom is here." April stood, pulled down her sleeve, and wiped her eyes. "Okay guys, I have a doctor's appointment but I will call you guys after." She said. We nod. She gives us a hug before leaving the room. Beth lays her head down. "Poor Child."

The next day April called us and told us that her baby is okay and great. She called and asked if we could meet at her house. I rode with Beth and we got her address, and were off.

We pulled up and she was standing outside of her house with a huge smile on her face. "Hey what's up?" I asked as I got out the car. Her smile doesn't go away as she pulls something out of her pocket and holds up. At first I didn't know what I was looking at, until I realized that it was her baby. And written on the back was 'it's a girl.'

"Aww." Beth was the first to say. "It's a girl. That's so cute." I added. She smiles, "I know, I thought it would be a boy but I was wrong. It's a girl, a beautiful healthy baby girl." She rubs her stomach. Beth smiled. "Let's go celebrate!" She pumped her fist. "Where?" April asked. Beth deviously smiled at me. "I know just the place."

~~~

We pull up to a karaoke place and I groan. "You're serious?" Beth smiles, "You know you like going here and they are always hot guys who can sing here. Of course I am serious." She turns off the car. "I actually like karaoke, but I can't sing for shit." April says from the back. "I do like to sing..." I said, defeated. Beth poked her tongue out at me and turned to April, "Let's go inside my friends."

The inside was crowded with a bunch of people. There were people at the bar drinking and people sitting at tables as i assumed they were waiting for the next act to perform. There wasn't anyone on stage now. "Well this place is boring." April says. "No, its not hold on." Beth says. And  right on que, a guy walks up on stage with a guitar.

"Well." I said.

Don't Forget to Comment, Vote, and Share. I hope you enjoyed it. :)

P.S. Thank you again for all the reads. 1k reads is a lot for me. So Thank You so much. I love you guys. <3