Chapter 30: Nurse Gardson

Chapter 30:  Nurse Gardson

            I was in Beth’s house, sitting on the couch, and watching movies. A commercial about Halloween and costumes comes on.  I had no idea what I wanted to be, but obviously Beth thought ahead. “You want to see my costume?” She comes in saying.

      She leaves the room and comes back in wearing a police outfit that makes her look hot. She poses and twirls around to show it off. I applaud her. “Thats a good one.” I tell her. “Have you gotten one?” She asked. I shake my head, getting up and going to her kitchen to get something to drink. “We should totally go get you one.” She follows me in.

       “I guess, but we gotta be back in time to go the game.” There was a football game today and Aiden wanted me to go. It started at 7 so we had enough time before. We take my car and drive to the Halloween store. When we get in, all you see are scary decorations and smoke machines.

         People were everywhere dressed in costumes, and just looking around. We go to the back for the adult costumes. I look through, trying to find something ‘sexy’ since that is the theme of Seth’s party. I found a striper outfit and shook my head. Beth showed me ideas, but I didn’t feel comfortable wearing something that revealing. I finally found a simple but sexy nurse outfit and felt satisfied. I turn around to get Beth’s attention so we could leave, but she wasn’t there. I groan, and started to look around. I went down one of the aisles that had a bunch of fake knifes and creepy stuff.

    I almost jump out of my skin when someone in a creepy mask scares the hell out of me. When I hear the laugh I know it was Beth. “You.” I hit her. She takes off the mask and laughs even harder. “You should have seen your face.” I hit her on the arm, “Come on, I have a costume.” She follows behind me to the check out. I call her names under my breath and continue on.

   We leave the store and head back to her house until it was time to go. I try on the costume just to make sure it fit. I look at myself in the mirror and laugh. Beth comes in and smiles. “Look at you, Nurse Gardson.” I laugh, “Do I look hot?” Beth nods and joins me in the mirror. “Alright, take that off before you get it funky.”

“Shut up.” I put back on my clothes and get ready to go to the game.

     ~~~

                    We get there and people were already piling in. We find some seats and wait for it to start. When they call out the football player's numbers and names, I cheer when Aiden’s was called. As well does Beth when Adam’s is called. When he runs out on the field he turns to the stands and blows a kiss to everyone. I shake my head, smirking. There’s the old Aiden. All the girls in the stands cheer extra for him. The game starts and I sit down and watch.

     Now I’m gonna be honest, I wasn’t a big football fan. I didn’t exactly know what’s going on, I don’t know the terms that go with football, but if I sit and watch it long enough I could get it. Our team was in the white tonight, even though are original color jerseys are blue. I tried to remember that, just in case I forgot and cheered for the other team. I turn around when someone tapes on my shoulder, behind me was Wyatt. “Hey can I talk to you for a second.”  I look at him confused. “For what?” Beth turns around and looks at him too. “Just for a second.” He replies. I give in and follow him somewhere.

       We stop next to the concessions, where no one was at. I begin getting cautious about where we were, if this mother fucker tried to hurt me up or something I was gonna kick his ass first. I did not trust his sister. “What is it?” I force.  He sighs, “I shouldn’t be saying this, but I’m going do it, because I like you.” I frown, “Wyatt if you brought me over here to ask me out I swear I’ll—No that’s not it. I was going to warn you.” He whispers.