Chapter 36: A Homecoming Dance

Ooo...enjoy

edit later. I fell asleep at 12. This was  suppose to be posted at 12 and its 4:32am right now lol Sorry. 

Chapter 36: A Homecoming Dance

               It’s been about three days and I still haven’t talked to Aiden. When I would see him around we would glance at each other, but never get close enough to talk. He didn’t show up for fourth hour again, but he was there for the other classes.  And that is driving me crazy.

                    It was the Homecoming dance and that’s all people could talk about at lunch. Beth was going with Adam just to have fun, and I was being a Debbie downer and not going. I was going to stay home, maybe watch a movie and eat my feelings away.

“Are you sure you don’t want to go?” Beth asked again for like the fifth time. I frown at her, “I’m positive Beth.” She nods and gets up to throw her trash away.

                    “Have you even talked to Aiden?” She said when she came back. I shrug, “Not really? Why?” Beth shakes her head. “Nothing, I was just asking, are you guys back together?’  I sadly shake my head. “Not really, he hasn’t said anything, nor can I find the right time to say anything to him. So you know, this is what’s going on.” I explained. “Well you need to talk to him, because I don’t want the Naiden ship to sink now.” I snort. “Really the Naiden ship?” She looks up from her paper, “Yes, that’s what it is, and I don’t want you guys to end up like the Titanic.” I chuckle, “Alright Well Beth, only time will tell.” She gives me this weird look.

                    “Whatever.” She stops talking after that, concentrating on her work.

                    The end of the day came and I was tired. I saw Aiden again, but nothing was said. We didn’t sit as close in the other classes, compared to where we sat in Life Skills. Which he never really showed up for, however if he did, he was distracted the whole time. Nor was it a good place to talk about our feelings and have everyone not eavesdrop, so I didn’t really say anything. I get in my car and wait for the person next to me to back out. Doing the same I drive out into the street, and turn up the music to wash away my gloomy spirit.

                    Sighing, I turn into my driveway and grab all my stuff to get out the car. Using my key and unlock the door, I go in toss my stuff on the bed and Face-planting into pillow. It didn't help the nood at all, but I saw no other solution over than speaking to him. Yet every time i thought about it, it all reminded me that I wasn’t there for Aiden. I was being selfish and caused us both miseries.

                    Soon enough my mom’s car pulls into the driveway. I could hear her rustling in the kitchen from my room. Today was her date night with my dad,so I wasn't expected an extravagant meal. Today was fend for yourself. 

“What are you doing?” I ask my mother. She smiles, “I’m making chicken parmesan tonight.” I rub my belly to emphasize that I was hungry. “Thank You God, but I thought it was date night?” My mother shakes her head, patting me on the shoulder. “Sometimes a girl doesn't want to have fun." I shake my head, laughing “Wow well I’m going back to my room.”

                    Sitting on the bed I just look around. There was nothing to do, Beth was at the dance and April was probably hanging with her family. I was alone in my room.

        But isn’t that what I said I wanted?

        I wanted to be alone. At the beginning of all this I was not worried about guys or feelings. I wasn’t worried about someone coming in and stealing my man or being in the friend zone. I wasn’t worried about any of that until he came into my life. Until Aiden spoke the words ‘Locker Neighbor’ my life went crazy after that. I sigh and lay back on my bed.