Chapter 40: Rejection

Crazy Week, its Cold AF where i live and now I'm sick -_- Fuck the Weather 

But Only 2 more chapters left. :( 

Chapter 40: Rejection

                    When I got the text from my mom, saying that there was a white envelope from a college, I jumped for joy. I was so happy that I ran out of the school doors, and rushed home. Last week I got my test results back, I had made a high enough score, but it wasn't Merit Scholar material. I have been waiting for this day; this decision will tell me my future.

                    I park my car and run in. Shutting the door, I slide to the kitchen and grab the mail. Taking it to my room, and set my stuff down. Finally settled, I slip my finger through the flap and tear it open. Totally fucking scared I take out the actual note and set it down on the bed. Not feeling like I should be by myself, I call someone won’t sugarcoat it for me.

                    “Alright let’s find out if you got in.” Beth says. She grabs the note off the bed and looks at me. I was sitting on the edge of the bed and with my stomach in knots. “Ok, open it.” Beth does as I say and at first her expression doesn’t show any evidence that I got in or not. She looked up at me and gave the note back. “I’m sorry babe.”  I take it from her and look at myself.

                    I didn’t get in.

                    I didn’t get in, that was my first choice, and of course I had more, but this one had one of the best writing programs I’ve seen.  I feel a wave of disappointment wash over me. “It’s okay.” I sigh. Aiden already got accepted to his choice of college, and lord knows when Beth was getting her letter back. We applied at the same place, and whether she got in or not, we wouldn’t be together. She comes to sit next to me, and wraps her arms around my body. “It’s okay hun.” I felt my lip quiver and couldn’t stop it.

                    “What am I gonna do Beth? Aiden got into the college he wanted, and you’re probably going to get into this one? What about me? I’m going to be the only one not going to same college. I’m going to be the odd one out, while everyone else is having fun there.” Beth laughs at my rambling and hugs me again. “Like I said, it is okay. Just breathe and hope for the college close enough. Cause even if you have to go to college in another state or decided to study aboard, I will still visit you. I will get on a plane and fly back in forth to see your ass.” I smile at her, with depressing tears still in my eyes.

                    “I love you Beth.” We fist bump and she smiles. “I love you too Nia, and don’t stress about not getting in. You applied for more than one college, we can wait for those.” She finishes, trying to encourage me. I really appreciated, but how was I not going to be depressed?

                    Later on that day, my night and shining armor came, walking in with cookies and cream ice-cream. “What is this for?” Aiden sits on the bed next to me. Ever since I found out I got rejected, I have been sulking in my room this whole time. I haven’t told anyone but, Beth. My parents know as well, but I told them not to tell anyone until I was ready.

        “I wanted to see you. And I stopped by and got me some ice-cream.” I frown at him, “So the ice-cream isn’t for me?” He laughs and shakes his head. He got a spoon from the kitchen and scoops a piece into his mouth. I kick his thigh, “You’re mean.” He kisses my head with his cold lips. “I know baby.”

                    After eating the ice-cream, he finally leaves the room for a second and I scoop out a big piece of the ice cream. Moaning as the cookie piece go down my throat. I just loved this ice-cream. “I knew you would do that!” I heard him yell. I giggle, trying not to spit out the ice-cream. I swallow the cold goodness and smile. “I love you.” I say to him. And I loved saying it to him. “I love you too Niabear.” I shake my head, cringing at that name. “Ew you sound like my mother when she says that.” He laughs.