Chapter three: Playing guitar for my new brothers

Getting on the bus I grab my guitar from Andy as he sets my stuff down and I grab a guitar pick that I keep in my pocket at all times. Sitting down on the floor I take out my guitar and tune it to play The Mortician's Daughter. Watching the guys grab my stuff and put it somewhere then go to the bunks to talk I guess.

Looking around to make sure I'm alone I start to play the intro to The Mortician's Daughter before I start to hum the lyrics quietly. I smile and start to sing to myself.

"I open my lungs dear
I sing this song at funerals...no rush.
These lyrics heard a thousand times, just plush.
A baby boy you've held so tightly,
This pain it visits almost nightly
Missing hotel beds, I feel your touch.

I will await dear, a patience of eternity, my crush.
A universe so still.
No rust.
No dust will ever grow on this frame,
One million years, and I will say your name.
I love you more than I can ever scream.

We booked our flight those years ago,
I said I loved you as I left you.
Regrets still haunt my hollow head,
But I promised you I will see you again, again.

I sit here and smile dear.
I smile because I think of you and I blush.
These bleeding hollow dials, this fuss.
A fuss is made of miles and travels
Roadways are but stones and gravel.
A bleeding heart can conquer every crutch.

We booked our flight those years ago
You said you loved me as you left me.
Regrets still haunt your saddened head,
But I promised you that I will see you.

We booked our flight those years ago
I said I loved you as I left you
Regret's no longer in my head,
But I promised you and now I'm home again, again, again, I'm home again, again, again.

I'm home again."

I finish singing and look up to see Andy standing in front of me with the guys and they're all staring at me with looks of amazement in their eyes. I look down and play with my Andy guitar pick that I keep with me at all times. The next thing I know I'm being picked up and put over someone's shoulder.

"Hey, put me down!"

I hear Ashley chuckle as Andy shouts. "NEVER!"

I smile and grab onto Ash's arm and slide off Andy's shoulder landing lightly on my feet before I run around the bus as Andy, Ash, CC, Jake, and Jinxx try to catch me. Giggling I run into the bunks while the guys still try to catch me. Turning around I try to run back to the main part of the bus but trip and fall scraping up my arm. The guys stop chasing me and Jake picks me up carrying me to the couch while CC grabs the first aid kit and fixes up my arm before I get carried to a bunk that has my stuff on it and I fall asleep.