10 | dining

1 0

D I N I N G

Luke agreed.

Luke agreed for the dinner and I was glad. It did not require much hard work . In fact, it required no hard work as such. I asked him once and he agreed right then. Probably mum was right. He might be eagerly waiting for me to come with him to Greece. The very thought of it brought about goosebumps. My heartbeat accelerated. I could feel butterflies in my stomach. Oh my, by shots! I myself couldn't wait to get to Greece.

I ran downstairs to tell my mum about Luke arriving.

"Mum! Mum!" I shouted like a five year old.

"Yes Elle?" My mum asked with the same old patience. I have to salute my mother for living and coping up with my tantrums, shoutings and nagging.

"Luke's coming!" I breathed heavily. I had jumped most of the stairs and ran my way to my mum.

"Someone's excited." My mom giggled.

"Mother!"

"Sorry!"

"So I can go now, right, to Greece?" I asked as I longed to pack my bags and board the next flight to Greece.

"Patience, Elle. Your dad has to approve of him now. If he seems a good guy, then a yes." I shook my head at the stupid thing they were doing. I walked back to my room and sat on my bed thinking about what to do for the rest of the day that is till Luke came. I decided to text Ella.

Ella? Are you free? I need a person to talk to.

I waited for her reply and it came in a jiffy.

No. Can't do. Trent's here with me and he's taking me out to a laser show. Cue fangirl. Isn't that's so sweet? I rolled my eyes.

Looser. Well then, bye.

Bye. I thought about who else to talk to now. Luke. This was the problem of not socializing after bad befalls you. You're left with no person to talk to.

Luke? Are you free? I asked hoping he'd say a yes.

Yeah. Why?

I'm bored.

Oh! And then with a span of few minutes, he called me. I picked it up.

"Luke!" I shouted.

"Whoa. I've got only one eardrum in my left ear. Let it live in peace." I laughed.

"So you're just coming home? Like wearing a piece of cloth and walking into my house and then talk to my parents?" I looked over my table and saw this notebook on it.

"No. I've prepared nearly a speech just to speak to your dad. My very own crush's dad! Wow. Talk about that. It's very necessary to practice what to speak before going in that case." Crush. Crush. Crush. Crush. Crush. Oh my god! He has a crush on me. I started jumping around and smiled so wide.

"You there, Amor?"

"Yes Fletcher."

"What were you thinking about?" I can't tell you that I think I have a crush on you. It's too awkward.

"Nothing. Just that if you do this well, I might be able to go to Greece." He laughed at my sheer answer.

"So I'm like the tie breaker?"

"Metaphorical usage, huh?"

"Yeah." I laughed at his usage. It was quite horrendous.

"How am I to do this well?" He asked.