02 | liking

02

L I K I N G

Chemotherapy.

They started with the single drugged chemotherapy initially and then continued with the double drugged chemotherapy. You think about chemotherapy and the first thing that pops into your head is hair loss. And that's what happened. My hair started gradually falling. To a very small amount. Yet hair loss is hair loss. Be it big or small.

My mom made sure that I went to the hospital at least twice a week. Pretty concerned she was. And pretty obedient I was. So I went.

And I went on days, Luke Fletcher came to the hospital. Months passed by and I still found Luke interesting.

He was quite quick to catch my liking. Though I've never talked to him, I was pretty sure he was a very enthusiastic person. One of those people who liked travelling. One of those people whose desires were shortened due to the arrival of an unexpected guest. Yeah! He was one of them.

It was a habitual fact that he shouted nearly everyday in the doctor's room. And about the same matter of leaving New York. This guy dreamt big, huge and enormously.

It so happened that I entered the hospital once again when he was in the doctor's room shouting. I patiently sat in the waiting lounge for my call.

"I get the point. That can't give you the right to restrict me from leaving. I'm leaving right now. I don't want to live in this wretched place." He shouted.

"Would you, Luke? Would you?" Dr. Falcon asked.

It is said that curiosity kills the cat and that is what happened to me. Out of my curiosity like any other normal human being, I slowly walked to the door of Dr. Falcon's room and kept my ear close to the key hole. The things I did to hear what Luke Fletcher talked about.

"I will. And I'll prove it to you." Luke snorted back.

"Gosh! You don't need me! How many times should I tell you that you cannot go anywhere? And If you don't understand my diplomatic words, let me put it this way. You are not taking your shitting arse from New York and that's an order!" Dr. Falcon shouted.

To me, Dr. Falcon was an extremely kind person. To see such a side of his where he swore and yelled took me aback. Not literally. In fact, all this shouting made me more interested in their conversation. I leaned on to hear the conversation more clearly.

"Why will you not allow me to go? Remind me why you are still my consultant and I haven't killed you yet." I peeped into the key hole to see what his reaction was. He had turned his head to the left and had snorted while saying this.

"Because your mom wouldn't let you survive then." I was shocked at hearing this. Unless Luke's mother is related to Dr. Falcon, there would be 'I'll survive no matter what'. I was thrilled by the entire conversation.

And things don't always go right.

I leaned on to the door to hear the conversation more clearly but then, I slipped and in a reflex to balance myself, I pushed the door which was a bigger mistake than the slipping. The pushing of the door made me fall flat on my chin inside Dr. Falcon's room.

I didn't dare to look up.

"Klutz you are." His eyebrows cocked and his hand extended in my direction to help me get up. I took hold of Luke's hand and got up.

"Come and have a seat, Danielle." Dr. Falcon spoke up and I sat on the chair next to Luke.

"Were you eavesdropping on us, Klutz?" Luke asked, smirking.