25 | soaring

2 5

S O A R I N G

" – and so you just left Charlotte and Luke to get to know each other?"

I laughed at Ella's confused facial expression. I nodded my head hopelessly, and nudged her.

"Yes, stupid. What was I to do? Luke didn't even know he had a stepsister before this," I justified my actions.

She bursted out laughing and finally gathering all her wits, spoke, "You really like him, don't you?"

"What do you mean?"

"You act like you're his wife – solving family issues, caring for him, sleeping with him at night —" My face quickly took up a mortified expression at what Ella told, "— What? I just spoke the truth. Too bad you can't accept it."

"I don't sleep with him," I gave her a stink eye. "Though yes, I care for him . . . a lot."

Ella plopped herself on the coach and I looked at Ella waiting for her reaction.

"I'm glad."

"Glad?" I asked credulously.

"I'm glad because he's in for you deep."

I sat next to her and folded my arms, "And you would know that how?"

"He told Trent, Elle. He really likes you."

I blushed, speechlessness guaranteed.

"Ladies and gentlemen, give it up for the blushing queen, Danielle Calingham," Ella mocked and I threw my head back as I laughed.

I switched on the television as Ella say up straight. Originals was on and Ella grinned like the teenage fangirl would. I couldn't help but smile unknowingly.

"Elijah Mikaelson is one fiiiineee vampire," She rubbed her hands and exclaimed. "I'd do him any day."

"Trent wouldn't be pleased to hear that."

"He could suck it up then," she snorted and I laughed.

We watched originals in silence after that (leaving the loopholes in the plot that Ella did keep gushing about Elijah).

"You know what?"

"No I don't know," I mocked and she glared at me.

"Ian ditched Mia."

"What?" My eyes widened. To say I was surprised would be an understatement. I was more than surprised. I was taken over by the news. Why would Ian break up with Mia? It absolutely made no sense.

"Yeah, he left her," Ella explained. "Oh and she was pissed. She was pissed as hell."

"Did she do anything reckless?" Mia was always the reckless one. If things never went her way, she made sure it better went her way.

"Oh yeah, she screamed that she'd make him pay for "breaking her heart" and that she would be merciless when she had her revenge," Ella's eyes comically told the story as she explained. She gently smoothened her hair and continued, "Ian actually didn't give a damn. He told her that he had a revelation and what he did was only right to him and would seem soon to be right to her too."

"Weird strangely. The story is weird," I reacted.

"That incident at the café must have taught him well." Ella suggested and I just nodded.