28 | hoping

2 8

H O P I N G

The next day couldn't get weirder than Dr. Falcon coming to my room and leaning against the door. He gave me a look that said that he knew it all. To say it didn't creep me out, was a lie.

"What?" I raised my eyebrow and asked out loud.

"How was last night?" He asked as he came into the room. He took it on himself to make some coffee using the coffee maker and prepared two cups.

"Last night?" My eyes widened. I ran a finger through my hair and looked at Dr. Falcon, wondering whether he meant the same thing I did.

"He's my nephew after all. This old man knows more than you think he does," Dr. Falcon chuckles.

I sat up straighter in my bed and Dr. Falcon sat next to me and handed me a cup of coffee. I shook my head and told, "I'm not gossiping with you, Dr. Falcon, if that's what you're trying to do. You're not girl enough for me to gossip."

Dr. Falcon laughed sincerely and replied, "Neither did I expect you to. I'm just really happy that Luke's happier and brighter now. So, I guess, thank you."

I merely shrugged. "He makes me happier. I should be thanking him rather."

"How are you feeling now?" Dr. Falcon asked.

"Pretty good," I smiled.

Dr. Falcon looked at me briefly and continued, "You know you're not going to —"

I understood. I had felt it for sometime and even though it pained me to face facts I had to. I knew it. I knew it all along. I cut Dr. Falcon with a monotonous voice, "I know."

I sipped on my cup of coffee in silence and so did Dr. Falcon. He took the moment to start a conversion with me and said, "I want my daughter to meet you. I bet she'll like you."

"Your daughter?"

"Garcia Rose Falcon. She's my angel," and thus, Dr. Falcon began squealing over his daughter. I'm pretty sure I zoned out halfway through the conversation.

It made me smile. People around me smiling made me smile. Something I found marvelling was the mere fact that someone's happiness could sure bring you the same. Right now, Dr. Falcon gushing over his daughter and occasionally, his pretty wife. He loved them. So much.

That's when it hit me slowly. I need my family. I need my family more than ever. I needed my mum and dad to sit with me and laugh over old memories. I needed mum to cook me food forever and I want to squeal over it for eternities. I needed dad to teach me self defence so that I can kick guys' butts. I needed them to sit with me and play monopoly.

I needed Ella and Tori to come over and eat pizzas with me. I needed Ella to keep cursing to make me smile. I needed Tori to be lively as ever and lift the mood. I needed Ella to make me feel awkward with her talks of dirty stuffs with Trent. I needed Tori to remind and assure me that loving myself is all that I ever should be bothered with.

I needed Luke to love me. I needed Luke to remind me of all the features in me that I've forgotten to love on my way. I needed Luke to make me feel loved. I needed Luke to create memories with him. I needed Luke to love him. I needed Luke to make me smile and I needed Luke so that my throat didn't quench and burn.