• 20th of May •

Dearest Luke,

Thanks for a great birthday week. This one, by far, was the best birthday ever. I took you out for a drive — okay, technically, you did, but still, — and then you helped me get over this fear for fairs and amusement parks. So overall, it was a blast.

Fun fact; the most amusing birthday I've ever had was my sixteenth birthday. I guess, they all just wanted it to be a big event and a surprise because yaaaay, sweet sixteen. However, it turned out quite the opposite.

Ella was in charge of making sure I was no where near home and so she took me out for a haircut; told me that the perfect way to celebrate my sixteenth birthday was a complete hairdo and so, I chopped my hair to a nice bob cut. I must vainly agree that I looked gorgeous. Ha! So, after I got my hair chopped and shaded my brown hair with a nice chestnut blonde color, Ella took me to the park.

It's a tradition of mine to gift my mum and dad something on my birthday. More like a thank you gift for being there with me in every single second of my life. That year too, I jut had to follow my tradition and I decided to ditch Ella and go buy my parents something. Ella - oh, love struck Ella - was in a conversation with her boyfriend and so, I honestly thought I could come back by the time she was done with her call.

And guess what I did?

I went back home. I realised I had no money with me and had to run back home to fetch some money, only to intrude and spoil the entire surprise. Mum hated Ella for being irresponsible. She yelled at me for ruining it and I just laughed.

It was quite eventful for me. So, yeah, Luke, thanks for an amazing birthday. The fair was absolutely wonderful and I should have gotten over my pointless phobia way before.

You know what I realised during this week?

You never, not even at one point, gave up on me.

Yours forever,
Elle x