17 | looking

1 7

L O O K I N G

"This is so huge that I could get lost and you would have to bring a search team to find me." I gasped. His house was huge. Literally. There were lots of rooms and a humongous kitchen and a fountain in the centre of the hall. Can I believe that even if it were before my eyes? No.

"I don't think it'd be that necessary to call a search team to find you." Luke joked. "Your screams are pretty audible for the dolphins and humans too. Only you could make such a thing possible." I rolled my eyes as he started laughing at his own joke.

He took my suitcases and guided me to a room which he said, "It's next to mine, so yeah!" The room was beautiful too. In fact, it left you wondering from where did all this money come from and reach the Fletcher's. Having an unused house in Greece so lavishly and beautifully made was a waste of money and space. Oh and Luke knew this.

"Make yourself at home. Cause I ain't going to do that for you." He shouted the last line before heading to his room. I, being the mature person I am, stuck my tongue out at him as soon as he turned back.

Considering that it was already late (nine-oh-oh is considerably late when you are tired like shit and it seemed like you were holding the entire world on your shoulders like Atlas.) and that both of us were equally jet-lagged, I decided to rest and go back to bed (slumber time) with Luke's decision replaying in my head as I laughed over it.

"Tomorrow, we start our mission. So be ready."

"How the hell do you read this shit?" I threw the newspaper back at him as he caught it efficiently.

"You do know that learning Greek as your language in school could have helped you. You wouldn't have needed my help." Luke taunted me more and I groaned for not even taking my language seriously. But come on, I do know basic French!

"I was a French student and not Greek. Got any problem?" I asked him, vehemently. He nodded his head and was about to come up with this witty remark before I shouted, "Stick it up your ass, Fletcher!" Luke laughed as if he had never expected to hear those words from my mouth.

"The newspaper doesn't have Scott's name for any of the reporters mentioned in this paper." Luke groaned and I banged my head in frustration at the table. Picking out another Greek newspaper and tossing it to Luke, I asked him, "What about this one? Please do tell me he works for this newspaper!"

Luke flipped through the entire newspaper and then threw it back on the table. Frustrated, he put his head on his hand and just sat. "We are not going to find him. Like there are more than hundreds of newspaper companies in Greece, small and big. He could be working in any one of them."

"Hey, hey, hey!" I put my hand on his shoulder. "We are not going to quit. Weren't you the one who was vigorous and enthusiastic about finding him? Why am I not seeing that now? Luke, we are going to find him. Hard work always pays, alright? So, hush, and let's go search that stack of newspaper, okay?" I pointed to the huge stack of newspapers next to me. Luke gave me a questioning look and my expression soon became smug.

"We. Are. Not. Quitting." I hit his arm with every word to get my point out there. In fact, it often seemed as if I was telling this to make myself believe in it. Why was I worried? I don't know. Do I have anything to lose? Yes, Luke Fletcher. Luke wanted to find Scott. He wanted to return that ring to him. He wanted to fulfill Cathy's last wish. And if it weren't to happen, I'm pretty sure he'll start feeling guilty and beating himself up for it.

"Ouch. Stop, Ellie. I get the point." He winced as I hit him constantly. Not bothering to stop whilst I was enjoying and taking immense pleasure, I laughed out loud and hit him again. Luke gave me a poker face and I stiffened. The hits had been a joke and I wanted him to take it as it was. Looking at his stern face, I feared if he got angry with my actions and with that fear, I nearly stopped hitting him until he did that.