08 | searching

0 8

S E A R C H I N G

"Might I join you for another cup of coffee?"

"Ella!"

Ella Torrey was known for her surprises. In first grade, she surprised me with a boxful of toffees on my birthday. In sixth grade, she surprised me by being the first to get a boyfriend. In junior year, she surprised me by taking me to club and staying there without anyone knowing for the entire night. In my treatment times (that is the present), she surprised me by being the only one to be beside me.

I lifted my head from the table and in front of me stood Ella. Looking all immaculate and nonsense. She sat in the place where Luke just sat couple of minutes ago.

"Why are you here? Aren't you supposed to be at the university?" I asked bluntly.

"Sheesh. I thought my best friend would be happy seeing me." She looked at me but then I had this intimating expression in my face and looking at this, she continued, "I bunked university today entirely. My talk with you was way more important." I laughed and shook my head from left to right at Ella's stupidity.

"You wanted to know what?" I asked.

"You forgot so quick? You've got a memory span worse than a snail." I glared at her. "Alright. Don't have to give me that look. Now tell me everything that happened this morning. Everything. Word by word. Without missing any details."

"Oh today morning? Huh?"

"Yeah."

"I kissed Luke."

"Fuck. That escalated so damn quick. No wonder he was distracted. You have to be a great kisser if you could distract Luke. Like how was he? Was that the reason why I just saw him in the first period and then BOOM! He's gone? Was it awesome? How did you even-"

"Ella." I tried grabbing her attention.

But she continued, "How did you even get to kiss the one and only Luke? Do you have any idea girls would pay you just to be in your shoes? It could be possible that Luke even likes you. God! The things that can happen between both of you. I could just sense the sexual attraction between both of you during that time I met him at Costa Coffee with you. Why are you not a cou-"

"Ella!" I tried raising my voice a bit higher to grab her attention but all my efforts were in vain.

"Why are you not a couple yet? Like Luke and Elle, Luelle. Or, Luke and Amor, L'amor. You guys would just make an extreme awe-worthy couple. Like how cute can you guys get? And how was that kiss of his? Was he a good kisser? Does he smell good? How does he feel?"

"Ella Kimberly Torrey!" I shouted at her with my voice pitching high as much as I could possible raise it. She looked at me and grinned.

"So my answers?" She demanded, sheepishly.

"Well, yeah, I kissed him. He was legendary. I don't know how you tell this but he could transport any person he kisses to a land filled with joy, pleasure and happiness. He was a great kisser much better than Ian." I said Ian's name with a kind of disgusted feeling.

"How could you? Sexual attractions? What are you? A witch? And there's no such stupid sexual attraction between us." I spoke as I rolled my eyes and laughed at her. "Girls desire to be in my shoes? Try telling them to live a day with no straightener and then stepping into the life of Danielle Calingham, the girl who has osteosarcoma." I sulked.

"Liven up, girl! You kissed Luke Fletcher of all. So what happened after you kissed?"

"Well we kissed while he was drunk so he was to lay down before we kissed. So after we kissed, he kissed my forehead and laid down as I walked out of the room." I smiled.