03 | watching

0 3

W A T C H I N G

He sucked at driving. The jerks and the sudden stop were all his side effects of bad driving which I had apparently faced. My head hurt because Luke just had to drive terribly and due to the jerks, my head hit the car shaft. My legs hurt due to the constant movement of them. I kept constantly glaring at him.

Luke had walked me till the car parking and there he asked me if I wanted to come home to watch a movie. How could I say no when I was having an high school crush? So then and there I said a yes. He had offered me a ride to his house and obviously, I agreed. My mother had permitted me to go watch the movie though she didn't know who I was hanging out with.

His terrible car driving was the consequence of my agreement.

"I know I suck at driving. I'm sorry." He gave a smile. Not that kind of smile that proved he was sexy but the smile that proved he'd got a heart of a five year old. A heart of gold.

"It's alright. Apologies accepted." I smiled back and stretched my leg to face a jerk once again. I sat up straight after the jerk.

Dr. Falcon told me to continue the same chemotherapeutic medicines since the rate of spreading of the osteosarcoma cells were extremely slow. As soon as I left, Luke followed me. He didn't stay back much time to speak to Dr. Falcon. We walked to the car parking together. Any-girl's-dream-of-walking-with-her-crush feeling was what I felt and I felt my heart flutter and butterflies in my stomach.

He drove quickly (and badly) to his place and parked it opposite to his house. The lane where he lived was the place where usually rich people lived. I was quite shocked and hopped off the car as he opened it for me.

"You live here?" I enquired with my lower jaw dropped, looking at his enormous house.

"Hmm. Yeah." He shrugged, rubbing the back of his head. "Come on in!" He pulled my hand and ran into his home. An eager kid.

The interior of his home was extremely organised. The vases were in each corner of a room stacked with roses of all varieties. The walls were painted a whitish cream. The pictures of a woman and her son were hung on the walls around the house. The sofas were in the right and exact order just like any other household. It was quite evident that the things in his house were quite expensive. (They had an ancient Chinese Gold Buddha made of actual gold. Where do you even get that nowadays?)

"You like it?" I nodded.

"You came home early, Lucas. Don't tell me Uncle Falcon kicked you out today. That'd be rare. He's extremely kind." I heard the voice of a woman coming from the kitchen. I smiled and saw Luke shaking his head in embarrassment. I heard the woman's footsteps as she walked into the hall where we were standing.

"Luke? Who is this fine woman here?" His mother asked him, gesturing towards me.

"Hmm. Mum, she's..." He spoke to introduce me to his mother but I beat him to it.

"I'm Danielle Calingham and it's a pleasure to meet you, Ms. Fletcher." I stretched my hand for her to shake.

"The pleasure's all mine, darling. And call me Trish." She smiled and refused to shake my hand instead she pulled me towards her for a hug. I smiled at Luke as he smiled at me when his mother hugged me.

"So what brings you here, Danielle? She asked and Luke answered.

"She's here to watch a movie with me. I couldn't help but bring her here to watch Charlie and The Chocolate Factory." He laughed at me. I shrink my eyes to glare at him. He laughed again.