11 | checking

1 1

C H E C K I N G

I had an appointment at nine with Dr. Falcon and I believed it was because of the excitement and anxiety I woke up at five.

I turned left and right on my bed and wondered. Thoughts just came running about me and Luke. Why can I not be in a very prosperous relationship with Luke? I liked him and I believed he liked me too. The very thought of it made me smile. Bored, I got up from my bed and walked down to the kitchen. I opened the freezer and pulled out the ice cream from it. I ate the ice cream slowly. I heard the sound of a door opening and leaned back to see which door opened. I saw my mum walking towards me.

"Why are you awake so early, honey?" She yawned and stretched her arms.

"I don't know. Too excited for the appointment."

My mum sat on the rotating chair next to me. She faced me and spoke, "You're excited for the appointment or the very fact that Dr. Falcon might agree and allow you to go to Greece?" She cocked her eyebrows.

I hummed. "Okay. I'll be honest. I'm excited that Dr. Falcon might agree." I smiled.

"I know my daughter." My mum grinned proudly. "Now since I know you very well, spill the beans. What is going on between you and Luke?" My mum gave me this weird expression with all raising her eyebrows and nonsense.

"Honestly, I have no idea." I replied. "You saw yesterday's House? It was just awesome, Mum. Don't we ship Huddy?"

My mum gave me a stern look and said, "Don't dodge the question and diverge my attention. What is going on between you two?"

I swallowed and spoke, "Well it's true that I don't know what's going between me and Luke despite the fact that he kissed me once and tried kissing me again. I really, really like him, mum and don't want to fuck this up!"

"$5 in the swear jar!" My mum ordered me. I rolled my eyes and pretended to do as she told as I retorted, "We don't have any swear jar." She laughed and then started, "Remember Ian?"

"How can I forget him? He broke me alright." I told her, poignantly as I blinked in surprise at her.

"Well, Luke isn't Ian and that's a good thing."

"How is that a good thing?" I felt confused.

"Luke likes you too. Really, really likes you too and doesn't want to fuck it up." My mum imitated my voice.

"I do not sound anything like that!" I playfully hit my mum.

"Anyways, he cares for you, hon. Else why would he want you to come with him among all? I did my bit of research and I found that every single female in New York University sexually desires him. Won't blame them. He is hot." My eyes widened. Was my mum saying all this?

"Mum!"

"Yeah! As I was saying, I'm going to allow you to go to Greece only if it is safe for your health nevertheless if you do, go get him. My strong hunch is that he's the one for you." I was shocked at the last statement.

I looked at for few minutes and she said, "What?" I hugged her suddenly, as tight as I could, which isn't much because of my bones. She returned the affection by hugging me back, tightly.

"You're the best mum in the whole universe."

•••

8:30. And I was all ready. I was all ready to leave home to go to Dr. Falcon. To the hospital.

My mum decided it was a part of her responsibility too to get me on the plane to Greece. And thus, more than I desiring to go to Greece, she did. It had to be because of Luke. My mum drove me to Dr. Falcon's hospital.